CAMC Changes in Cornwall and South Devon

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sadly Marazion has closed. The Club say a reduction of booked pitches made the site financially unviable.
Meanwhile the Club affiliated site , Dornafield , has been purchased. It is now a fully fledged Club site and can be booked through the Club’s website.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
That is sad. I liked Marazion. A peaceful and simple site without amenities. Which suited us. But it was in a great location.

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I was told it was the King Harry in Cornwall. Not so much mile per mile as inch per inch. Never really thought the Bute ferry was that expensive, the problem is the boats are pretty rubbish. The staff are normally great though.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dover - Calais always held that accolade. But perhaps not now.

John
The Scottish island routes are generally expensive particularly if you want to take a car. I don’t know if those that live on the islands can obtain season tickets, or lower priced crossings. We did Oban to Mull without caravan in March 2007 and I winced at the price. But needs must.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The Scottish island routes are generally expensive particularly if you want to take a car. I don’t know if those that live on the islands can obtain season tickets, or lower priced crossings. We did Oban to Mull without caravan in March 2007 and I winced at the price. But needs must.

At one time, it was cheaper to get to Mull from the south by driving up to the Corran Ferry, using that and the Lochaline-Fishnish ferry despite the extra fuel cost - but now it's cheaper to use Oban-Craignure.

Most of the Scottish Island ferry fares are now based on a Road Equivalent Tariff (RET) based on distance, the calculation somehow made the medium and longer ferries much cheaper.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We will just have to pay it i have been told the Bute is worth seeing (y)
It is worth seeing but it is very small and if you plan what you want to see and make an early start you may be able to manage with a day trip from a nearby site and save on the cost of the caravan on the ferry.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It is worth seeing but it is very small and if you plan what you want to see and make an early start you may be able to manage with a day trip from a nearby site and save on the cost of the caravan on the ferry.
Hi Ray I haven"t got a caravan now would it be better if i hired a cottage on the Isle of bute for a weekend and one on the way back .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Ray I haven"t got a caravan now would it be better if i hired a cottage on the Isle of bute for a weekend and one on the way back .
I am afraid I do not know the costs as we never tried this. We did get a remarkably cheap two night hotel deal off one of the bargain web sites rather than the regular hotel ones though a couple of years back. Not sure which it was and what is available now though, possibly 5 pm..

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid I do not know the costs as we never tried this. We did get a remarkably cheap two night hotel deal off one of the bargain web sites rather than the regular hotel ones though a couple of years back. Not sure which it was and what is available now though, possibly 5 pm..
A hotel would be okay if was only us two going but we are taking the dogs so it got to be a cottage .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have stayed in hotels with our dogs and we had 3 at the time. Some allow dogs, others don't. Same with AirBnB.
That your choice but i preferred somewhere quiet with our short leg jack russell he is very timid any noise and he would bark i would be very popular with other guests

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
I note that in the latest club mag they are are going to update/spoil/ruin Steamer Quay by replacing the grass pitches with 46 hard standing non awning serviced pitches probably with vastly increased prices.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I note that in the latest club mag they are are going to update/spoil/ruin Steamer Quay by replacing the grass pitches with 46 hard standing non awning serviced pitches probably with vastly increased prices.

Could be an advantage to many users as the pitches will be serviced and presumably less affected by weather which could open up for a longer season or even all year usage. Good for motorhome too. Yes it will be more expensive but that has to be balanced against the potential benefits to users and potential new users.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts