Camp sites in the Vendee

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

having spent the last 10 years travelling to the South of France, Spain & Italy we have decided to stay a bit closer to home this year. We only have a week (9 days at a push)and so only want to spend 1 day travelling each way, but I am a sun worshipper and can't bear the thought of sitting on a rain soaked camp site for 6 days. We will be going in August so hopefully the weather should be ok, can anybody recommend any camp sites with plenty to do - we have 4 kids aged from 8 to 15 and as all parents know if the teenagers are fed up then so is everybody else! I have looked at the Haven Siblu parks has anybody stayed at them and if so what did you think, or are there any other sites with those sort of facilities. Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Claire,we have stayed at the Haven site in the vendee,we had a good size pitch and all the facillities were clean. The pools were

good but in peak season you can be fighting for space at the pool side.It has the benefit of another site just across the road which you can use. this has restaurants and more activities.Le bois dormant is a bit quieter.The beaches nearby are suberb and there

are lots of markets,hypermarches and plenty to keep you all busy.

Hope this helps.

Catherine

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Claire,

I would check out La Garangeoire at St Julien Des Landes

www.camping-la-garangeoire.com

It is about 10km from the nearest beach but there is so much to do on the site including entertainment in high season and a suberb pool complex lakes with canoes etc and much larger lakes / resevoirs suitable for winsurfing / swimming / Mountain Biking. A really first class site ideal for families.

We have stayed in the Beach / coast located sites on the Vendee but have found the sites pretty grim with very little to do, apart from the beaches.

Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, I'm looking at both those sites now just trying to decide which one to go for. Any recommendations on places to visit - we like to force a bit of culture on the tribe wherever we go! Thanks again

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Not sure who runs it now just know that Select Sites said it had changed hands,yes he was 'strict'but I found only for the benefit of the occupants of the site.He was always ok with me in fact we had a joke a couple of times and when a group of us ate in the reastaurant and he found out it was a celebration dinner for my wifes birthday he insisted on buying us all a drink,speak as you find I suppose.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
we are going to haven le bois mason park and i would like to know how hot it will be we are going on the 7th july. also is it easy to park at the beach ?

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
"We are going to haven le bois mason park and i would like to know how hot it will be."

If I knew that I'd be straight down to the bookmaker!
well i dont need the funny replies thanks i just wanted to know what the weather is like as in is it more like the uk or more like the south of france just as a guide line as we all know all weather is not garanteed any where but i have never been there and wanted some idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts