Camping Card International

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Im having a bit of a panic here. We arranged our travel/breakdown cover with the C & CC and only realised this morning that the CCI card isn't among the documents they have sent me. Of course, the Carefree office is closed today so we are going to have to go without it.
I have sent them an email but they wont be able to do anything till Monday, by which time its too late.

The main site we stay at wont be a problem but we were planning to stay for a few days on the Vendee on our way down.

I have all correspondence and documents with me, but will the site accept that as proof of a card being in existance ?

Or do you think we would be better giving it a miss and heading straight to our main destination?

Any advice would be appreciated
Mags

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi
We've always recieved a CCI when we've booked with C & CC but so far, none of the sites we've stayed at have ever asked for it or a passport. We've stayed on sites for stopovers that we've arranged ourselves and sites booked through the club, it hasn't made a difference. If you have booked a site with the club they don't always ask for your paperwork, they normally have your details ready when you check in.
If you've emailed them, hopefully they can send you the card number while you're away, in case you needed to use the insurance cover. If a site asks for a passport could you provide them with a photocopy as you will need to carry the original for ID.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you still have last year's just try using it - I've never seen anyone really look at a card and it's not as if you are trying to defraud them.
Most sites will now photocopy your passport if you don't have a card, although this may be a problem at small municipals without a resident warden.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've never had one, and have always managed with other forms of ID. The campsite can photocopy your passport, and keep the copy whilst you're on site (ask for it returning when you leave) or your Camping Cheque Gold Card or ACSI card is often accepted instead.
Don't worry about it - thousands of people don't even know what a CCI is, let alone have one!

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your replies everyone. C & CC phoned us on our way to Portsmouth yesterday and agreed to post the card to us at our main site so we have come straight there and will perhaps go to the coast for our third week rather than the first one.

Thanks again everyone & au revoir

TRENDING THREADS