Camping / Deck Chairs

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
We bought a couple of the concertina type tub chairs a year or so ago. Pic attached.
Sue loves hers but I find them uncomfortable, the tub of the seat, when sat on, allows ones derrière to come into contact with the frame. Not great.
Always fancied a lafuma recliner so perhaps nows the time to indulge?
What is your fav caravanning chair of choice.

Kev

Attachments

• C4DD627B-D8AE-4143-83A9-7E2E88583A5D.jpeg
    C4DD627B-D8AE-4143-83A9-7E2E88583A5D.jpeg
    825.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: jacknight01
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Try Vango Titans. Like the tub chairs but a different breed altogether. Extremely comfortable unless your derriere weighs in excess of thirty stones.

Reactions: Kevin M
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We bought a couple of the concertina type tub chairs a year or so ago. Pic attached.
Sue loves hers but I find them uncomfortable, the tub of the seat, when sat on, allows ones derrière to come into contact with the frame. Not great.
Always fancied a lafuma recliner so perhaps nows the time to indulge?
What is your fav caravanning chair of choice.

Kev
We’ve had Lafumas since around 2000. Use them at home too. Really comfortable and spares if required are readily available. Although the only parts we have bought are to replace the rubber bands. Not the lightest but I think the most comfortable.

Reactions: Kevin M
Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Bought a pair of zero gravity chairs as they advertised themselves, recliners in English, about £30 each, Argos I think, had them ages.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Yes and No.
They can be awkward.

If you have deep pockets and want lightweight have a look at fishing chairs, as in anglers gear, I can't remember the name I did see a super lightweight chair being used by person next door to us on site with mobility issues, she said the above.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes and No.
They can be awkward.

If you have deep pockets and want lightweight have a look at fishing chairs, as in anglers gear, I can't remember the name I did see a super lightweight chair being used by person next door to us on site with mobility issues, she said the above.
Hi Darren never thought about taking my fishing chair that might be ideal and suit my needs and it very light (y)

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Hi Darren never thought about taking my fishing chair that might be ideal and suit my needs and it very light (y)
Winner!

What drew my eye was the feet of the chair, I now know they are "Mud Feet" ideal really, plus any bit of kit that isn't designated "Caravan" is usually cheaper 😉

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My fishing chair is exceptionally comfortable but I’d never refer to it as lightweight, I rarely use my fishing chair unless I’m going to be there for the complete day, I only ever take it if I’m using the trolley to carry everything and I definitely cut all the gear to absolute minimum if taking it away in the caravan, I’ve just bought much smaller bag and 2 individual rod bags to lighten the load, of all the kit for fishing I’d put the chair as one of the heaviest.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My fishing chair is exceptionally comfortable but I’d never refer to it as lightweight, I rarely use my fishing chair unless I’m going to be there for the complete day, I only ever take it if I’m using the trolley to carry everything and I definitely cut all the gear to absolute minimum if taking it away in the caravan, I’ve just bought much smaller bag and 2 individual rod bags to lighten the load, of all the kit for fishing I’d put the chair as one of the heaviest.

BP
I use to have a trolley when i was taking all my stuff on the Syndicate pond where i was member but like BP I normally take my pole, landing net and a smaller bag ,fold up chair when we are in the caravan .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts