Camping La Brasilia

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Happy New Year to you all. Has anyone been to this site near Canet Plage I think. We are looking for somewhere beachy for first 3 weeks school holidays and any advice would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Here is an example of how difficult it is to get recommendations on a site. We went in August and loved it and had a lovely holiday.So if I can be of any help please ask, but why did the other person hate it? please tell!!

Catherine

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Tiles on the floors in the toilet broken and dangerous very small pitches,need for two cables luckily I had two,very dark and dusty even for down there.Road noise and clouds of dust from the busy road next to my pitch (this was a road to the site next door we were seperated by a straw mat fence.

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Happy New Year to you also. My husband and I have been to this site in June for the last few years and it suits us very well.

The site has every facility - the only drawback is a rather long walk into Canet - but a train is provided by the site if you do not want to cycle or take the car. We have never had to complain about anything - they even found a dentist within 15 minutes of our arrival last year as I lost a filling on the journey down!

G

We did visit this site but it was a long time agon in the 80's and I am sure it has changed since then. The facilities were good, but the site was extremely large and the noise from the 'entertainment' lasted until well after midnight each night, so not my cup of tea. We had prebooked, so stayed our week, and left and have never returned. If you like the large commercial site format. then it is ideal, and as also mentioned, if you get a good pitch it is fine. A bad pitch can negate all the other advantages very quickly and it is a bit of pot luck.

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
We book our plot when we book our ferry with Caravan Club who have designated pitches - scattered over the site which means neighbours are other nationalities and not just English clumped together. We have never been bothered by noise from entertainment. Two restaurants , one on site and other on beach in front of site - excellent menus in both.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The toilet block near us was new and spotless,it was cleaned regularly throughout the day.We enjoyed the fact that we could purchase all the food we needed on site,although the hypermarche was only a few minutes drive, the entertainment can be heard around the site,but then that will always be a problem where there is entertainment on site, we enjoyed the caberet and the fact you can walk home! The pool was superb, although no slides if your children like that sort of thing,we also liked the fact you could take the little train to the local beech/shops.You could holiday at this site and not use your car once if you choose not too. We also like to visit other places, but the option is there. We combined our holiday with also spending a week at a quiet site in the Dordogne.

Catherine

G

Just one comment. As far as I know from my experience the CC does not have 'designated' pitches. It merely has a pitch available from th site owners and where that may be in the site itself, is up to the site owners. Again, it is often a 'pot luck' scenario. If you arrive afer a lot of departures you get a good choice, if it is the last one left, then that is it. I have had both good and extremely bad pitches on sites booked through the CC, the problem was that in the case of the bad, the CC could do little to assist. I could only 'grin and bear' it but the CC did remove the site from their lists for the following year, although little help to me.

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
When I made our booking for this year I forgot the pitch number of last year and requested the adjacent pitch. They emailed us to say that that particular plot was not allocated to the C.C. but the pitch next to it was and it was the one we had had last year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts