Camping Le P'tit Bois Brittany

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi all
We are thinking of going to the above site next summer and we are thinking of booking it some time next week. However before we book I would welcome any information other members have on it e.g whats the site like and how easy is it to get to (we will be sailing to St Malo) what are the roads to the site like etc. Any infomation good or bad welcome
Many Thanks!

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Fancis,
We used this site as a one night stopover returning from the Vendee in August 2008. I wasn't overly impressed with it, but I was probably comparing it with the fantastic site we stayed at in the Vendee (which we keep returning to!)
We were on a ptich which just accommodated our twin axle 'van, but wouldn't have allowed us to put the awning up due to a big tree in the middle of the pitch. I think this may have been a separate place for overnight stops, so i'm not sure about the rest of the site.
Slides in the pool were good, but the kids pool for the smaller ones didn't have a great deal in. We enjoyed a game of crazy golf on site, and enjoyed the pizzas from the takeaway.
Now for the bit that's put me off going back. There was a lot of noise til the early hours with people wandering round the site, shouting etc. There was also security wandering about the site, which made me think there must be a reason for this? Just as the noise from other site users stopped in the early hours, the cleaners came round, talking loudly to each other and making (it seemed like) as much noise as possible banging doors etc whilst cleaning the block, which we weren't right next to. We didn't get much sleep that night!
The ferry terminal was only 10 mins away, and very easy to get to.
The site didn't suit us, but others who've stayed longer may be able to give you a different view,
Lara.

Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lara
Would be very interested in knowing which site you stayed at in the Vendee as we may be going to that area next year.
many thanks

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Chad,
Firstly a quick apology to Francis for going off thread! The site we stayed at is Le Pin Parasol, which is next to a large lake, approx 11 miles inland from St Gilles Croix de Vie. This year was our third year, but we also visited 3 other sites in other areas of France in the same holiday, nowhere came anywhere near as good as Le Pin. It's excellent for kids, ours are now 12 and 8, huge pitches, very clean and lots of space. Pool complex is great too.
You can book with either of the 2 clubs, or direct with the site, but I find Carefree (C & CC) is the cheapest. If you want more info please let me know, I can go more in detail if you're interested,
Thanks,
Lara.

Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Lara
Looks fantastic for families but as a retired couple we were looking for something a little quieter and maybe nearer the beach, thanks for the info anyway.
Back to Francis, we haven't stayed at that site but can highly recommend Camping Haliotis at Pontorson near to Mont st Michel. Lovely site, bar overlooking small pool. Lots of activities for young children mostly away from the actual pitches. two minutes from a large supermarket and the town of Pontorson with bars and restaurants. We booked for 1 night in June as a stop over on our way to Brittany beaches and stayed 7 nights.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts