Campsite Arc en Barrois

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
Having started to use this forum there is no stopping me now.It is so useful and the responses are honest opinions.

If like me you journey south of Paris towards the Ardecn or furher you will find that to avoid Paris the mororway via Troyes is the best rooute. The one drawback however is that after Troyes is a veritable waste land as far as campsites go for overnight halts.ie there are hardly any.

I am looking to use the campsite Arc en Barrois this year and wondered if anyone has used this site and what do I need to look out for. It sounds ok from the CC Europe 1 book.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
There's a campsite at Chatillon sur Seine (a municipal) which although not on the autoroute is a very direct run-through on the D971. We've stayed there several times. We've also stayed at Lac de Grebes at Marcenay - also another nice stop-over site and not that far from the 971.

We've not stayed at Arc-en-Barrois but have stayed overnight at Langres ooff the A5, or again at Chanceaux of the D971 - which we find a very pleasant route.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I can fully recommend the site at Arc en Barrois. We stayed in transit a couple of years's ago. It is a pleasant small site beside a stream/river just on the edge of the town/village. As I recall, the facilities were spotless. You can walk from the site into the town along the river and there were several good restaurants in the centre. Perfect night halt and probably deserves a longer stay.

Cheers

Paul

TRENDING THREADS