Campsite charges

Mar 28, 2006
Visit site
I am reasonably new to caravanning [ 3 trips ] and would like to know if the caravan site I stayed at this weekend was taking the mickey. I went to Fort William to watch the mountain bike world cup and as the event finished at around 17:00 I asked the site if it would be possible to leave the caravan on the site until 18:00 [rules did state 12:00 departure]. I was told that if I wanted to do this it would cost me another nights stay [£15 approx]. This was despite the fact that the site had spaces all weekend and if I had stayed it would not have cost the site money through a lost customer. your comments would be appreciated and depending on your answers I may or may not stay on this site again my own feeling is that they knew this event was on and thought they had me over a barrel. P.S. I left my caravan and car at an industrial estate as I didn't agree with the sites policy

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark, what you have found is not uncommon. Most sites will charge the extra nights fee if you stay on, even if not actually in the van, until that time of the day.

Perhaps the best way forward would for sites to have a "Late Departure" area, as some have "Early Arrivals", where the van may be left, but not taking a pitch space.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts