campsite in belgium

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi guys, has anybody out there stayed at ROOSENDAEL oost vlaanderen in belgium. we are going in february and would like some feedback. many thanks for any help. geoff

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff,

Do you have a better address for the site?

I work in Rotterdam and commute from the UK via Calais, Brugge, Antwerpen up to Rotterdam.

I know of a Roosendael camp site in Belgium near Gent - is this the one you are thinking of?

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi robert, thanks for your interest. yes i think that is the site we are going to. have you been there? any thing i should know about either the site or the area. again thanks for any help. geoff

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Geoff,

A few years ago - and nothing has stuck in my mind, other than the woman owner (I think) spoke English and was helpful - but that's pretty normal in Benelux.

The centre of Gent is a great place to visit, don't be put off by the motorway network to the South and East of the city - the main Zeebrugge (and Brugge / Bruges) to Brussels, and Antwerpen to Kortrijk (and then Lille) motorways cross a few km to the south east of the city.

I'd certainly recommend visiting Brugge (learn to say Brugge rather than Bruges if you want to impress the natives) - park at the main car park south of the town and walk in.

I'll try to look up the Roosendael camp site in the Dutch ANWB guide.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts