Campsites around lakeTrasimeno

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Second Go:

Am thinking of Going to the lake Trasimeno area of Italy in August just looking for any snippets of information about campsites and the local area anybody might have.

Many thanks.

Happy Caravanning 2009

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
Hi Stewart

I was there a few years ago and we used camping Kursaal. It is good in parts, one side of the site is distinctly better than the the other, I would try to get down by the lake on the left. The hotel might hold very noisy functions at the weekend and the electricity supply was only 2 amp and almost unusable. Having said that it is walking distance into a nice town and the area is very interesting and scenic.

Dave

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We have stopped at Camping Europa at Passignano sul Trasimeno 3 tmesand have found it good with friendly owners. Down by the lake is beautiful.

Dianne

Mar 6, 2007
Visit site
My wife and i have been to this area, staying in San Savino for every year for the last seven years so i it's obvious we like it.

Although we tow our solid sided folder we don't use it while there, preferring to stay in hol house. We go for a couple of months so the house is a break from the the folder for a week.

There are a couple of sites at San Savino on the lake side. We have not had a close look at these. Nearby is the town of Magione which has supermarkets. If you fire up Google earth you will see photos of this area, some of which are mine. I dont know how you could obtain my e amil address without me posting it here, not sure i want to,but i have many photos of this area which might help you. The great advantage of this area is the motorway that runs down the middle of Italy, allowing you to see sights a bit more distant than you might normally travel. You can meander of through the countryside but zoom back home quickly if required. If you are lucky with the weather you will not regret your visit.

David, Colchester

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts