Campsites in Aude, France

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
We are just back from year 2 of walking along the Canal du Midi and have now reached Laredorte. I am already planning next year's jaunt and have booked our Eurotunnel trip using Tesco vouchers. Sad, I know.
We need to move to a campsite further east for the next stretch. Do any of you have any knowledge or experience of these campsites, which are the only ones I can find in the area which are near enough to the Canal for daily to-ing and fro-ing?
Camping La Cesse at Bize Minervois
Camping les Auberges at Pouzols Minervois
Camping le Val de Cesse at Mirepeiset
All seem to be very small, but we don't mind that. We do like shade and halfway decent "sanitaires". Since my daughter has an alergy to chroline/bromine in swimming pools, access to river or lake swimming is always welcome.
Any other thougths or suggestions for sites in the area welcome (Olonzac to Capestang, preferably mid-way(ish)).

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
There's a municipal site in Capestang itself, on the western side - rather nice and shady we thought, and about 100 metres from the Canal. There's also a small site, Camping Les Auberges, (with some Gites, and Chambres d'Hote) in Pouzols Minervois. We've walked a lot of that area of the canal, and somewhere along that stretch we came across a delightful campsite right alongside the canal - but unfortunately it was all mobile homes! The www.campingfrance.com website gives you (almost) all the campsites in France and you can select from a map.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Thank you Val - well informed and helpful as always. I had looked at the site in Capestang, but I think it is too far east for 2012 - I doubt we'll get quite that far and as himself drops us off at the start and then collects us further down the line each day, we need somewhere roughly half way. There do only seem to be the 3 I have mentioned in the area. I've got most of the winter to make a choice, though!
Jo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts