Campsites near royan in france

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
What sort of site are you looking for - do you have children and what time of the year are you looking to go? This will probably have an impact on any recommendation made.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
If you are not looking for something too lively there is a site in the Caravan Club Europe Book at St Augustin - Le Logis du Brieul - this has large pitches (200sq m) - not located on the beach and looks like a rectangular pool - never been but it always has a good write up. We are aiming to go Whitsun and stop at L'oree du Bois at Palmyre - again a few km from beach but our children are 5 and 9 and are looking for a fun pool and activities. This site takes camping cheques in low season so is good value for money. There is a site at St Palais sur Mer - right on the beach - Le Puits de L'auture. This looks a good overall site but I would suggest that most places will be busy in July. We stopped at Sequoia Park at Marennes a few years ago - just above Royan - this was a great overall Castels site - good for the children but I do not think the pool complex would copy with a full site July/August.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at one of the sites mentioned by Lesley, Le Puits de L'Auture, last year and really enjoyed the site and its location. So much so that we intended to return this year, however when we tried to book we were advised that this site is currently involved in a legal dispute over ownership - seems to be some sort of family wrangle - and advice was not to book at present.

Instead, following recommendations from others on this forum we have booked at another site mentioned by Lesley L'Oree du Bois.

There is a thread further down this topic list :

"Anyone been to either of these site" which might be helpful

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/newforums/fm_messages.asp?FO=7&FM=430036
Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Phillip

I have stayed at Logis du bruil twice in last three years, this is an excellent family site with very large pitches on grass.

(ask for sunny pitches as each one has a small tree above for some shade),the ones under the trees are too dark for my liking.

There is a large open playing field in the centre about the size of 3/4 football fields which is left open with nothing other than a travelling circus which turns up once a week.

There is a very nice childrens park and also an enclosed ball games court, so there are no noisy football games near camping areas.

There is a good sit down resteraunt on site and a very good takeaway with small shop.

Swimming pools are ok and good beaches are only 10 mins by car.

There is an excellent zoo about 10kms away at La Palmyre which is a must for children, supermarkets are within easy reach and Royan is abojut 15mins away.

The site owners are very pleasent and customer friendly, site is kept immaculatly clean at all times and everything quietens down at approx 11pm.

If there is one thing that may concern some families about this site there is not much to do for teens.

I did visit several other sites in area and would reccomend this above many others and is excellent value for money.

Hope this helps.

Wayne

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
We have stayed at Bonne Anse Plage at La Palmyre, Lovely site although can get busy. Great for kids. Went the next year, Booked at a big commercial site which I think was called Camping La Pinede at La Palmyre..Awful owners. Tried to palm us off with a rough pitch on wasteland which was too small for our 'van let alone an awning. Eventually got our money back (after they threatened to call the Gendarmerie) and left pronto! Went down the road to Camping Atlantique Foret nearby. A bit more basic but very nice owners, had a great time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts