campsites open within easy reach of manchester

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
Can you please advise me if you know of any campsites near to Manchester that are open at this time of year for a touring caravan. I was booked on The Burrs caravan park at Bury (a caravan club site) on 27/10 as my huband and myself intended to catch the metro into Manchester to suprise our son who lives there for his 21st birthday. Unfortunatly i have recieved a letter stating that the site is closed due to building work. Can you please advise me if there any other sites witin easy reach of getting into Manchester.

Thankyou

Ann

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Thats the very weekend we are going away Ann and we had trouble getting on a site for some strange reason as i don't know of any events planned for that weekend. We are staying up near preston at nateby on a site called bridge house marina however it would be a 40 minuite drive in to manchester and when i booked 3 weeks ago they only had one pitch left.

Try www.ukcampsites.co.uk/ and do a search for the area however when i keyed in manchester it came up with nothing so you might have to stay out of the area. there are a few cl's around but again most are outside the area although one is in strines very near to marple railway station that may be suitable.

Whitecroft Farm Caravan Site

Whitecroft Farm, Station Road, Strines, High Peak, Derbyshire SK22 3AH.

Tel & Fax: 01663-762778.

If i remember any more i will post them here for you.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We have seen this site Tina as we drive to dovestones, didnt realise it was a CL, its only about 20 minuites drive from me as well. looks nice and peacefull apart from the road being so close, can you hear much traffic or is it very lightly used ?. regards Gary.

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
I have also been looking at a site near Manchester and had come across Burr Country park. I have also found Gelder Wood Country Park which is 5 miles away from Burr. It is an adult site and is open until November. Look at ukcampsite.co.uk for brief details.

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ann

Nice CL called well-i-hole farm,it has a website,have a look !!

Tina x
Thanks for the advise it does look a nice site. I have ended up booking on Yew Tree Farm at Risley. It sounds quite adequate for that weekend and close to a rail station. Im so glad that i can suprise my son.

Thanks again

Ann

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Thats the very weekend we are going away Ann and we had trouble getting on a site for some strange reason as i don't know of any events planned for that weekend. We are staying up near preston at nateby on a site called bridge house marina however it would be a 40 minuite drive in to manchester and when i booked 3 weeks ago they only had one pitch left.

Try www.ukcampsites.co.uk/ and do a search for the area however when i keyed in manchester it came up with nothing so you might have to stay out of the area. there are a few cl's around but again most are outside the area although one is in strines very near to marple railway station that may be suitable.

Whitecroft Farm Caravan Site

Whitecroft Farm, Station Road, Strines, High Peak, Derbyshire SK22 3AH.

Tel & Fax: 01663-762778.

If i remember any more i will post them here for you.
Most caravan club sites are booked up from Sat 21st Oct to Sat 28th Oct because it is half term in most counties. We tried to get in at Southport but it is fully booked. Eventually got in at the C and C.C. site at Teversal.

Hamer

Aug 14, 2006
Visit site
There is a nearby, highly recommended caravan site in Heywood, lancashire called Geldwood. I can verify that it is 20-35 minutes drive from Manchester centre. ( traffic density dependent)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts