Can anyone recommend a good caravan service company/person…

Oct 11, 2022
Visit site
Hello! I live in the Kettering area and have just bought a used van. I want the roof seals looking at and there’s also a place where rain pools which I would like to get checked out - as well as the usual service too.

I am a novice so could use a recommendation in this area.

Thank you.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello! I live in the Kettering area and have just bought a used van. I want the roof seals looking at and there’s also a place where rain pools which I would like to get checked out - as well as the usual service too.

I am a novice so could use a recommendation in this area.

Thank you.
Look at the Approved Workshop Scheme website for Caravan engineers in your area.

Reactions: Mel
May 12, 2019
Visit site
I bought a caravan in 2022 from a local dealer and as it has been back a few times for guarantee work, the sort of stuff which should have been checked before I collected it and wanted a mobile Caravan Mechanic to do a service and check what they had repaired. I was recommended a local Caravan Mechanic and I mentioned his name to the owner of the caravan site where I have it stored. He said that that particular service engineer used to work for the very Caravan Dealership which I bought my caravan from.
Perhaps having been in the Motor Trade for 40 years makes me more cautious.
So its perhaps better to get an engineer who has to come a distance to get a more impartial check on the caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I bought a caravan in 2022 from a local dealer and as it has been back a few times for guarantee work, the sort of stuff which should have been checked before I collected it and wanted a mobile Caravan Mechanic to do a service and check what they had repaired. I was recommended a local Caravan Mechanic and I mentioned his name to the owner of the caravan site where I have it stored. He said that that particular service engineer used to work for the very Caravan Dealership which I bought my caravan from.
Perhaps having been in the Motor Trade for 40 years makes me more cautious.
So its perhaps better to get an engineer who has to come a distance to get a more impartial check on the caravan.
Perhaps he left the dealership because he didn't like the work standards being depressed by their financial constraints. Six of one half dozen of teh other.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts