Can you tow with an Audi Q7?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I "Presume" that when they talk about the clutch plates they mean the Alko side grip ones and not the cars gearbox / engine, clutch. Also as you engage the alko stabaliser unit its only the side fricton pads that grip, the fore and aft pads just sit there and only prevent metal to metal contact, and dont really wear "Very" much.
A picture of the towball would have ben nice.
Hutch.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the lesson here is that if you wish to tow and want a dealer fitted towbar specify that it must be compatible with the ALKO stabiliser hitch. Frankly in most cases the car salesman has no idea about towing caravans so do not rely on them for advice.
The idea that you cannot replace the tow bar seems odd to me as what happens if you have a rear end shunt and the tow bar is damaged? Presumably you would need a factory fit one but the whole thing stinks of profiteering by Audi.
Given the natural owner of this car it looks like one that would be used in many cases to tow a caravan and the ALKO hitch is found on most now available. Surely Audi should have looked at who would use the tow ball and made sure it worked for them. If they confirmed it would not work with an ALKO hitch to previous queries then they must have lost a fair number of sales.
Having got a rear camera on our latest car I am not convinced that the Audi system is not over the top. With the camera I can see the towball and so far I have manaqed to hitch perfectly well every time with the camera and doubt the Audi system would improve things.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Kia Sorento = £29000.00+ Swift caravan @ £19000.00 + 1 week for 2 in Tenerife @ £1000.00= £49000.00

Audi Q7 = £49000.00

.............that is my answer to the question ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts