can you use a deep cleaner to clean your caravans carpet?

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, Just a quick question can you use a deep cleaner e.g Bissel or vax on your caravans carpet or will it damage them. As my carpet in my caravan has become filthy within the winter months and is it ok to clean it with a deep cleaner?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When we had a major juice spillage in our last van, we used one of those carpet cleaners that you hire from DIY stores: similar to a vax, squirt cleaning fluid and water in and suck it up again. Fantastic job. To be on the safe side, test a non obvious bit first, but I think that you will be OK.
mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We use a steam cleaner on our carpets and have had no problems. The problem with advice on this subject as different makes will have different carpets so what works on one may not be right for another.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our carpets have never been used in 7 years as they only go down when the van is put away. IKEA washables which can be taken outside brushed when on site and washed in the machine when required. The big advantage is that I dont have to take shoes off when entering the van, and neither do the pooches!!

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi just an add on, we just part ex'd our 2008 europa for a new van, at trade in the dealer deducted £350 from the deal as he stated the carpets were not clean enough, and he couldnt sell the van without ordering a new set.
If you trade in make sure they are as clean as can be.
Lesson learnt.

Cheers
John

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
starlight dj said:
Hi just an add on, we just part ex'd our 2008 europa for a new van, at trade in the dealer deducted £350 from the deal as he stated the carpets were not clean enough, and he couldnt sell the van without ordering a new set.
If you trade in make sure they are as clean as can be.
Lesson learnt.
Cheers
John

Dealer probably cleaned them and put the carpets back in the caravan. I would have walked! I think that once we have cleaned our carpets we will apply Scotchgard to protect them.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We lift out all the carpets in our caravan, lay them on the garage floor and steam clean them, when we get the van out of winter storage ready for a new season and give it a thorough spring clean.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Our carpets are removable, and every year I take them home at the end of the season and wash them with carpet shampoo and a cold water power wash (on power wash), and after thirteen years they look like new!

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Had an uncomfortable three weeks in France last year and it rained most of the time, the removable carpets in my Bailey senator were well well trodden on, the grassy pitch didnt help and the awning carpet was also sodden, when i came home i simply laid them out on the drive and soaped and power washed them when they dried off they were like new.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our Senator Wyoming carpets are in the loft and will stay there until we px her. Each year I buy some very decent twin twist deep pile polyurathane carpet end of roll from one of the big carpet shops. We cut them to size having used the originals as a template.
Last year's carpet cost me £29.00. With two muddy dogs it doesn't matter too much if we get the carpet stained.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just like I do, we use washable IKEA rugs which are much more practical and it preserves the OEM carpets in pristine condition.

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
There is some tips to clean the carpet vacuum, hot water cleaning, dry wash etc., According to my view, take it to a best carpet cleaning service, I found one of the best seattle carpet cleaning service with the latest carpet cleaning equipment for reasonable price of well done job,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts