Cancelled booking!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In June we booked this weekend for a CMC site and also a Glamping Pod for daughter and her family. Sadly today daughter phoned to tell us that grand daughter had been sent home from school due to a persistent cough which may be the Covid19. I read the T&CS which stated no refund if cancelled within 7 days so contacted Experience Freedom who managed the Glamping Pods and explained the situation. They were very nice about it and have told us that they will give the payment in credit until end of 2021. Very pleased with the result and top marks to CMC.

Now the worst part is for grand daughter as it takes a couple of days for the test kit to arrive and 2 weeks for the results to be processed a total of about 3 weeks from ordering the test kit. This understandable due to the high number of requests and we do not blame the government. Apparently now daughter, son in law and grandson have to s elf isolate in the meantime, but they have not had any guidance yet on what to do.

We are still going to the site with the caravan having booked months ago and we have not been in contact with daughters family for several weeks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In June we booked this weekend for a CMC site and also a Glamping Pod for daughter and her family. Sadly today daughter phoned to tell us that grand daughter had been sent home from school due to a persistent cough which may be the Covid19. I read the T&CS which stated no refund if cancelled within 7 days so contacted Experience Freedom who managed the Glamping Pods and explained the situation. They were very nice about it and have told us that they will give the payment in credit until end of 2021. Very pleased with the result and top marks to CMC.

Now the worst part is for grand daughter as it takes a couple of days for the test kit to arrive and 2 weeks for the results to be processed a total of about 3 weeks from ordering the test kit. This understandable due to the high number of requests and we do not blame the government. Apparently now daughter, son in law and grandson have to s elf isolate in the meantime, but they have not had any guidance yet on what to do.

We are still going to the site with the caravan having booked months ago and we have not been in contact with daughters family for several weeks.

Sorry to hear of the need to cancel your family booking. Self isolation is quite straightforward and NHS website gives guidance.
Self isolation NHS

Two weeks to process results seems inordinately long and must be related to a small percentage. Be interested to hear how long it actually takes once posted back for analysis.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sorry to hear of the need to cancel your family booking. Self isolation is quite straightforward and NHS website gives guidance.
Self isolation NHS
Sadly the CMC nearly gace me a heart attack when I got an email regarding the cancellation. It stated "

Dear Buckman,

We’re sorry to say that because we have not received a payment for your booking with Experience Freedom we have been unable to secure your reservation and have therefore cancelled your booking in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. Any deposit paid is non-refundable and the applicable cancellation charge has been applied to your account as per the details below. If you are due a refund, this will be processed in the next few days. If you did not wish your booking to be cancelled, please contact us as soon as possible and we will endeavour to help, however you may need to make a new booking."

We had already paid in full so straight back on the phone to them to be told that it was a generic email and we would get the credit note email at a later stage. Panic over, but they could have sent the credit email first. LOL! :D

PS Just add to my misery I went to a car wash and accidentally brushed up against a stinging nettle with my bare leg and I am trying my hardest not to scratch the back of my leg.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Oh come on, just find a Dock Leaf and rub it on the sting. Surely you learned that as a child?
No idea what a dock leaf is. When a child I unwisely scratched the itchy part. My gran used to put some pink stuff on that went hard and you then peeled it off and it was supposed to take the nettles off the skin. Calamine lotion???

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It is nice to see a good response from the club. Not everyone would do that.
The clubs have an excellent reputation for helping if things go astray. In June 2018 we had to cancel a trip to Germany as less than a weeks notice. Both Clubs were great and I even got the Red Pennant premium refunded. My only loss was for three CMHC travel cheques but they were part of the ferry deal anyway.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Take an antihistamine if you are able or rub the sting with Anthisan or another antihistamine cream. Heaps better than a dock leaf
Mel

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
The dock leaf does not work because it contains an alkali which neutralises (or cancels out) the acid of the nettle venom. So how does it work? Dock leaves actually help relieve a nettle sting because rubbing vigorously releases moist sap from the leaves which has a cooling, soothing effect on the skin.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The dock leaf does not work because it contains an alkali which neutralises (or cancels out) the acid of the nettle venom. So how does it work? Dock leaves actually help relieve a nettle sting because rubbing vigorously releases moist sap from the leaves which has a cooling, soothing effect on the skin.

Soap, milk or weak baking soda are traditional ways of treating nettle stings. But unfortunately when wearing shorts in the Scouts I found cows objected to me trying to milk them, didn’t wash much despite Baden Powell’s guidance and baking wasn’t really an option when back packing as it took up beer space in the Bergen. So dock leaves it was. 😱

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It is nice to see a good response from the club. Not everyone would do that.
We are very pleased with the club's response as £178 is a lot of money to lose through no fault of the club or your own. We are on site now in the Cotswold and were rather shocked at the state of the site as in general it is rather unkempt. The area around the glamping pods is even worse. Fortunately we will be out and about and as long as the water is clean we are okay as we use the facilities inside the caravan. LOL! :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts