cant decide, which oban site

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
hello,

we are going up to oban at the beginning of october, and wondered if anyone could give advice as to the better site in oban, or any comments worth noting, i know of the cc and c&cc sites but cant decide which one, dont know of any others, we have 2 dogs so would need dog walk. thankyou in advance for any replys..Steve

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
If you like CL sites, Highfield at Benderloch is a really nice dog friendly one. 5 minutes walk to a lovely quiet beach and a woodland walk through a gate opposite pitches

Each pitch has EHU, water and tv point. Pitches are hardstanding on Highfield 1 and all grass on site 2.

I stayed for a week in May this year with three dogs.

Linda

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
thankyou, fab linda audrey,

i will take a look at highfield, thankyou, we just require a good dog walk. is highfield near to oban, as the reason for basing there, is our son and partner are going over to south uist (western isles) via the oban ferry, so we will need to get them too and from the ferry. although we have been to oban before , just for the day when we were in loch lomond, we dont know of any local scenery and as we will be there for 6 days i wondered if anyone had any tips...we intend going onto the kintyre peninsula, as we have never been before..thankyou again for any info.also, would it be advisable to go through loch lomond to tarbert and then going left and taking that route, or the route we take to fort william, via stirling, we drive up from yorkshire, and although we have gone left at tarbert before, we havent had the van on the back, and i cant remember if its ok for caravans,(approx 24ft)thanks. Steve

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve,

Highfield is in the village of Benderloch and is 7-8 miles from Oban,just up from Ledaig. I would personally use the Stirling route and at Tyndrum, rejoin the A85 to Connel Bridge.

Linda

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
This will be our thirtieth year of staying at North Ledaig. With views to die for, this popular site is well laid out and has a dog walk too. There is plenty to do in the area with Oban, Seil Island, Crinan Canal, Fort William to name a very few. You will not get bored staying in the area, and will enjoy the scenery into the bargain. Go for it!

KB

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at North Ledaig albeit 20 years ago. Of all the places we have been in Scotland this was our least favourite as we felt the lines of caravans too regimented.Never been back there but returned to Scotland many times, just love the place.

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
thanks rioja,

ive read some reviews on uk campsites, and have decided to stay, at the c&cc site, as our plans have now changed, and we are going up to morvich, and staying there for several days... and our son is going to get the ferry back to skye rather than oban, and we are going to show them eilean donan and the spectacular scenery as he has never been that far up ...something that you cant miss ...we have never stayed a t morvich before, do you have any info on this site, we have in the past stayed at bunree, and driven up to skye for the day...thankyou to all for the replys...steve

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
We like Morvich ! Some good walks straight off site, Plockton very picturesque ( remember Hamish Macbeth on BBC tv ?)Kyle of Lochalsh has a decent supermarket too.

A bit further north, Kinlochewe is in a great location for walking and touring too.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Steve

Near Oban, the CC affiliated site at North Ledaig takes some beating. Pitched almost on the Loch shore, the views are superb. We walked our Springer Spaniels for miles along the disused railway track that runs through the site. Well stocked shop. See some of John Watson's earlier photos.

Cheers

Dustydog at wet Resipole

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
thankyou dusty dog,

im going to ring them , i was a bit put off in case they werent dog friendly, but as you had a good time with your dog, i will give them a go, if not will go to c&cc site, thanks Steve

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
hello all,

need advice on route, some have said go via loch lomond, and some say via stirling, looked on michelin, they send me via stirling, and i think cc send me via loch lomond, anyone got an opinion, thankyou,

we are now definately going to cc site in oban, thankyou for all advice on that one..

thanks Steve

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Steve

Unless you are towing a 3 foot wide 4 foot long unit go via Stirling.

Loch Lomond is pretty but as you will see from previous post it is not without its problems. If you want a relaxing drive without your heart in your mouth I'd do the Stirling route.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Hello Steve,

don't know if you'll get this before you get to Ledaig, but we're booked in there from the 10th Oct for a week. If you're there, look for a silver Audi Allroad and an Elddis Avante 630 T/A and don't be scared to come and say hello!

Regards,

John.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts