Car Hire with Towbar

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi can anyone help the ECU on my Toyota has broken and will take about 2 weeks to be repaired. Next week we were going to take the van away for a few days.

So i was wondering if anyone knows of a company that hires cars fitted with towbar and allows you to tow a caravan.

We are based in Sheffield South Yorkshrie.

Thanks for your help Ann

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ann

This is probably too far for you but there is a company called Ton Hire. They are based somewhere in the south although they do deliver. The Caravan Club's Red Pennant insurance used them to provide a landrover disco for us to tow our caravan home from France when our car broke down in 2007.

I have heard that hire cars with towbars are rather rare but don't know if this is true.

Regards

Tim

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
if you ring around the hire companies in your area you might be surprised how many of them have tow cars for hire.

when i needed to hire one i found the first company i rang was able to help, i wasnt concerned about cost as my alhambra was broken under warranty so seat where paying for the hire of the towcar but i was led to believe the discovery i had was allmost

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ann

I should have said the above company (Hirepower) gives Sheffield and Rotherham as its base. They hire out a 4x4 with towbar.

Regards

Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a hired Mondeo 2 litre from 3 Arrows - they are country wide but the nearest depot to us was Newport. They delivered the car on a lorry and also came to pick the car up on the completion of the hire. Only down side was that there was only 50 miles on the clock so the engine was a bit tight and fuel consumption was heavy. Still a brand new car for two weeks holiday was great - they even supplied a stick on number plate for the caravan.

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi thanks everyone for help and advice. The company called hirepower in Rotherham each time i've rang never got a reply, but i'll keep trying.

Thanks again i'll let you know how i get on.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
2 weeks for an ECU...wow thats a long time to wait.

Try contacting National Car Rentals. I know they wont be cheap but we have a huge contract with them at work and part of our requirments are that they have things like towbar ready cars available. Granted these are limited becuase demand is low but worth a try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts