Car Insurance

Apr 22, 2004
Visit site
I know that this is not strictly but my Car insurance renewal has risen by £100, I have tried about 10 other providers and it is coming out the same. I decided to try my works Post Code and the Quote came back £200 lower. So this suggests that the problem is due to where I live. My Question is how can I reduce my premiums as calling or going on line it only goes by the post code. Any feed back on this will be much appreciated.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suppose the obvious, but not really helpful, answer is to move house.
Other than that I do not know,,,,I do know that all insurance companies use the postcode to determine the risk factor.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Stupid as this may sound, try changing the quote to say that your car is parked on the road..

Believe it or not, this is coming out cheaper in many cases.....Crazy!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
if you work for or have ever worked for of it your other have ditto the civil service, post office, UKAEA or other once nationalised industry see if you are eligible to join Civil Service Motoring Association and then get members quote from LV= aka frizzell. I 've been with them for years; each year have a quick shop round but can't get anywhere near matching thier prices.
However post code make a hugh difference - when we moved from a Liverpool postcode area to a bath area some years ago the premium nearly halved, as did the house insurance. Apologies to all scouseers but that's the way insureres see it.
Another odd thing is that - as HID's car is nearly as old as she is (joking of course) I tried 3rd party T and T instead of comprehensive and it was actually dearer - so perhaps you have been trying to reduce premiums by this route ?

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Have you tried the price comparison sites. OH used to have a company car but now has his own so we have recently been through the sytem of getting him insurance - not every insurer gives no claims discount to former company car drivers. The price difference was quite staggering. I'd also look at the small print of any quotes to check that they are like for like, some appear better than others.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I have my car swiftly covered.
You do all the biz on line and print out your certificate. The price is very good at £200 fully comp for my rover 75 tourer parked "on the street".
I liked the no nonsense approach. Like:- We don't want to know about:-
Auxilary lights fitted
Basic mods such as mud flaps
Tow bars as long as they are from approved manufacturer's and CE marked.
roof racks
roof boxes

That doesn't mean they won't refuse to cover replacement cost's which is understandable.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
try nfu mutual. my neighbour has and it beat all the comparison sites by £100 and she added her partner for £60 for the year also fully comp. they only charge £5 i think for the whole year for the use of monthly direct debit not like some companies that charge 7% plus. they are also low monthly payment of equal amount not like soem that are a big deposit and then 11 monthly payments

let us know how you get on

thanks

jo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For the past few years I have used Confused.com and found the results very good - the past two years I have insured with the Post Office via this site and had very good terms. There are quite a few pages to go through but it was worth it as I saved over £200 from my previous company when I first went on line.

Apr 22, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, in the end I went down the City Centre and by talking to a local agent ended up with only £30 on last year. The strange thing is that I had Axa last year through the AA wanted to put it up by £110. New one is Axa through A Plan and only increased by £30, same insurance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts