Car Parking Sandbanks Poole Dorset

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Poole Council are putting up parking fees at Sandbanks to £15 a day next year doubling this years fee.

Caravanners coming to Dorset please avoid the Poole Council area as they are out to milk tourists.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Just has Britain is set to keep the population in this Country along comes Councils with their greedy mits to block it, typical of councillors.

My Grandfather who started is own Butchering business selling from a basket building up to 4 Shops and an Abattoir, said and l quote Councillors are usually failed business men or people with no experience of money with a large budget that couldn't manage their own finances, now it seems to deter tourists as well and block the stacation.

Up yours Poole l for one won't bring my custom to your shores.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
The best thing about Poole is that it's one of the places you get on the ferry to go to France. This year we spent 5 weeks on a spring retirement holiday touring Spain,Portugal and France and then had four weeks summer holiday in France.

We only had to pay for parking on one day and that was an underground park in the middle of Marbella.

Car Parking in this country is a rip-off tax.Today I tried to park in our town high street,20 minutes free parking and you can usually find a spot, busy day so decided to try the car park. 70p minimum charge nothing smaller than a

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would guess that for every 100 UK travellers from Poole to Cherbourg there is only one continental tourist coming the other way. The beaches of Normandy are great with the councils and locals welcoming and I can not see any continental tourist wanting to swap them for Sandbanks.

It is interesting to note that Poole Council is now Tory and have been even more money grabbing than the previous Lib-Dem lot. Do not expect any change from the milking of motorists if Tories replace labour at the next General Election.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Don't deny that Poole harbour and Sandbanks Beach is a spectacular area - especially seen best from the Barfleur sailing out towards Old Harry Rocks. Nearest Caravan sites are probably CC site at Wareham or Sandford Park though.

Best way to see the area is to take your bikes, park in Poole Town and cycle to Sandbanks. If you have the inclination,and energy, you can then continue along the promenade to Bournemouth and even as far as Southbourne, but don't forget you have to cycle back!!!!

Out of choice though I'd prefer to park in the Port Car Park at Royan for nothing, and have a choice of three equally super beaches to walk to or stroll around the port and marina with a more than fair chance of having some sunshine.

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
We stayed at South Lytchett Manor(and excellent site) just outside Poole recently and used the local bus service from the main gate by the park avoiding all car parking charges. I do believe there is another car park at Canford Cliffs which has much lower parking fees with easy access to the beach.

Car parking fees at Sandbanks will be high but other areas of the country have equally high fees, recently I paid

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Have just read all your comments re:Sandbanks at Poole,it appears to me that whole of the Dorset coastal car parks make downright ridiculous charges Christchurch being a leading contender.Now as I understand things these Dorset Town Councils need tourists to keep there local business's going so the question is why are they so downright greedy with there car parking fee's or are these people who run these councils so uninteligent that they do not understand that people will stay away rather than be ripped off consequently busines's will suffer.Jimbob

TRENDING THREADS