Caravan and Motorhome Club logo

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Going to C&MHC Brecon last week I found the club's sign with the new logo quite difficult to identify given that its colours merge in so well with the background provided by hedgerows and shrubbery on the verge. There was no problem finding the site as I've been there before, but I noticed the same indistinct signage when I went down to their New Forest Centenary site too in April. Not too great problem for main sites as there is generally a brown highway sign in the vicinity, but whereas I would normally notice CL signs when driving around ( and make a mental note of their location) I now find them quite difficult to spot given their small size and adjacent foliage/background colours. I wonder if the C&MHC even tested their new logo for visibility during the re-branding exercise. And "yes" a recent eye test came out all okay :)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Quite agree. My uncle said the same too last week. Just one more problem with the whole re-brand. Suppose I'd best leave it there before I go off on one again :angry:

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I towed into a cliff top car park the other week, as I saw what looked like a new branded camc sign, turned out to be an ice cream van selling Walls ice cream. :p :p

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
I've noticed the same problem but have always looked at the site, prior to setting off, on Google street view which helps location when approaching the site.
It would help if the logo was framed by a band with similar colours to those on emergency vehicles or some other distinctive colour.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes I always check a site out with street view and abide by the site owners directions for my final approach. But where a recognisable logo is useful is as we drive along we sometimes spots CS or CL marker and then check it out later in case we should want to visit there. The C&CC CS markers are still quickly recognisable,but C&MHC CLs very poor especially with summer hedgerows/verges etc and also in low light conditions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts