Caravan auto leveling

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can't comment specifically about the model you are asking about, but the general downside of all these additional toy's is loading margin they can take up. Also they often have some need for servicing which also adds to the cost of ownership.

It seems quite an expensive luxury, but if for some reason you can't hand level then of course it might be a useful addition.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We have ep and it's a wonderful luxury to have. We load the car not the can anyway so payload never really a concern to us. A,bonus other than a two min onsite setup is that a)putting on the alko wheel locks is a simple case of raising the side you want off the ground(and if you need to change a tyre)
b)the caravan is far more stable when on site. It doesn't move at all and even if someone is one end and you the other it's firm.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As per JezzerB we have the E&P system and it was part of the MIRO so did not eat into the payload. However with a retrofit it will reduce the payload considerably.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have ep and it's a wonderful luxury to have. We load the car not the can anyway so payload never really a concern to us. A,bonus other than a two min onsite setup is that a)putting on the alko wheel locks is a simple case of raising the side you want off the ground(and if you need to change a tyre)
b)the caravan is far more stable when on site. It doesn't move at all and even if someone is one end and you the other it's firm.
You answer has left me wondering what your system is? The EM360 system the OP is enquiring about effectively replaces the standard caravan steadies with motorised units. It is well known you should not use the steadies to jack up the caravan enough to enable you to swap a road wheel. There is a real risk you might twist or distort the chassis and or body.

Reactions: Ron Button
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You answer has left me wondering what your system is? The EM360 system the OP is enquiring about effectively replaces the standard caravan steadies with motorised units. It is well known you should not use the steadies to jack up the caravan enough to enable you to swap a road wheel. There is a real risk you might twist or distort the chassis and or body.
Both of us have the E&P system on our caravans and it is designed to allow the one side to be lifted to fit the ALKO locks. It uses a jack to lift the sides and not the steadies. No idea about the Emove system as did not know they made a levelling system and first I have heard of it.

Reactions: JezzerB
May 7, 2012
Visit site
No experience of it, but it weighs about 30 KG. If you have a mover as well you will be using up about 60 kg of your load allowance so do check if you can get the MTPLM upgraded as otherwise you may not have the capacity for this.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As per JezzerB we have the E&P system and it was part of the MIRO so did not eat into the payload. However with a retrofit it will reduce the payload considerably.
Unless the system was fitted as a standard specification (not an option) of the caravan by the caravan manufacturer it does not form part of the MIRO. The same applies to motor movers.

According to the EP website the caravan unit adds about 20kg NET to the caravan . That will reduce your personal load capacity by that amount.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It needs to be remembered that at times on a very uneven pitch the caravan will not level and you may need to insert blocks under the jacks. At all times the nose of the caravan should be as low as possible before commencing with levelling.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’m sure that the levelling system is great and I’d love to have it, my only reasons for not is the extra weight, I’m close to being overweight already with a mover fitted and a wife who takes everything bar the kitchen sink, I would say that when we get to a site I pull up, unhitch and put in its place using the mover, then my wife gets inside with the spirit level in its designated place by the sink and using the cordless drill I get it level pronto, I’d reckon on having it on the pitch and level within 10/15 minutes which I’ve no doubt is double what it takes with the level system but once I leave home with the caravan hitched behind I immediately switch to slow slow slow so I do nothing in a rush, it’s unhitch, level with legs down, electric hook up, get the kettle that we filled before leaving home and make a coffee and have a deserved 15 minute break, but like I said I’m sure it’s a great piece of kit so I’d say without a doubt anyone who wants it should definitely go for it.

BP

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’m sure that the levelling system is great and I’d love to have it, my only reasons for not is the extra weight, I’m close to being overweight already with a mover fitted and a wife who takes everything bar the kitchen sink, I would say that when we get to a site I pull up, unhitch and put in its place using the mover, then my wife gets inside with the spirit level in its designated place by the sink and using the cordless drill I get it level pronto, I’d reckon on having it on the pitch and level within 10/15 minutes which I’ve no doubt is double what it takes with the level system but once I leave home with the caravan hitched behind I immediately switch to slow slow slow so I do nothing in a rush, it’s unhitch, level with legs down, electric hook up, get the kettle that we filled before leaving home and make a coffee and have a deserved 15 minute break, but like I said I’m sure it’s a great piece of kit so I’d say without a doubt anyone who wants it should definitely go for it.

BP
Main reason why we like it is being able to fit both ALKO locks without a hassle.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just in case Ron (The OP) is not sure why the EP system is different, you can find several websites and video's on Google about it. But crucially, teh EP system has a hydraulic jack fitted at each end of the axle. It is safe to lift the side of the caravan using the axle. This is also one of the reasons the EP system uses up 20kg of load capacity.

As far as I can tell the Emove does not have axle jacks, so it can't be used to "lift" the caravan. It will also be a little lighter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts