Caravan bathroom

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 18, 2006
Visit site
i currently have the Elddis Hurricane which has the toilet and shower in the end bathroom, it annoys me that i need to use the toilet before the shower because once i have used the shower i then put the curtain out of the window to drip dry over night and of course i then need need to go down on my hand and neese with a squeshee thing and get the base of the shower tray dry and the toilet area is all wet too. I prefer too use my own facilies as i have found in the past few years site facilities are not that great. I hated going to use site showers and needing to then fully redress to go back to the caravan where as if i am in the caravan i can just get into my jammys and so to my bed no trouble. I am however considering now getting an elddis with seperate shower room. When i bought my caravan last year if i was to pay an extra grand i could of had one then but i did not see the point in spending an extra grand but know i can see my mistake. I am going to view a caravan next monday at my local dealer in fife, they have put a sold sign up on the caravan until i can go to view it on bank hol monday.

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
We've only been out in our van once - Bailey Ranger 470/4 with end bathroom, and for us (with children of 3 and 5), we're so pleased we went with the end bathroom design. It is so handy with the children, to avoid night time trips to shower and toilet blocks, and is really neat to store toiletries, towels etc..

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you want from your van. Expensive club and commercial sites with lovely shower facilities then go for a small bathroom as you only use it in emergency. Cheap rallying or CLs with no facilities then a nice bathroom earns its keep more. If you do the latter and have small nippers then a big bathroom is the only way you can supervise them. We have a side bathroom, feet in shower when on loo, and only ever use our own facilities- I'm too mean to pay

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Does using the shower in the caravan use immense amounts of water? I have a friend who says they never use the one in her mum's 'van because of this. Any comments appreciated as we're looking for our first caravan and need to decide whether a separate shower would be a good buy for us. I'm pretty sure that unless we have a separate cubicle we will never use the shower in the caravan but, after a few years of tent camping, we're used to using site facilities anyway.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Claire,

We always used to start with a full aqua roll(40litres)when we use the shower which is plenty for both of us & hair wash etc, our hot water tank was only about 10 litres anyway so when that is empty we had to wait a bit for it to refill & heat up for the children. We now have an on board water tank in our new van & are still experimenting on how long it last.

You would have to empty wastemaster a bit more using your own shower but its not a problem.

We rally sometimes so have to use our own facilities then & sometimes when the weather is bad we shower or use a baby bath for the children so they don't get cold to & from the shower block.

I wouldn't worry too much but you could always have another aqua roll & your Husband/Wife on standby to swap over if needed.

PS you could always use mains hook up on your aqua roll on a super site.

Caroline

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Claire,

We always used to start with a full aqua roll(40litres)when we use the shower which is plenty for both of us & hair wash etc, our hot water tank was only about 10 litres anyway so when that is empty we had to wait a bit for it to refill & heat up for the children. We now have an on board water tank in our new van & are still experimenting on how long it last.

You would have to empty wastemaster a bit more using your own shower but its not a problem.

We rally sometimes so have to use our own facilities then & sometimes when the weather is bad we shower or use a baby bath for the children so they don't get cold to & from the shower block.

I wouldn't worry too much but you could always have another aqua roll & your Husband/Wife on standby to swap over if needed.

PS you could always use mains hook up on your aqua roll on a super site.

Caroline
Thanks very much for your advice - much appreciated

TRENDING THREADS