Caravan Bike Station - availability

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a Caravan Bike Station from? I can't find any suppliers either locally or on the internet even eBay has let me down... Their website doesn't appear to have been available since 2012!

Thanks

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
As they are not about any more why not print off a photo and take it to a small steel fabrication place and ask if they will knock one up for an agreed price ;) all you will have to supply will be a old towball for it to fasten to..

Some photos are here.. ;)

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........yes but do not make the mistake included in the Bike Station design!!
That is to use nuts and bolts as fastenings in the design and then expect the bikes to be secure.
The bike in this picture can be released with a spanner despite the locking cable .......and the bike could be taken leaving the quick release front wheel behind without any tools :eek:hmy:

5609102-caravan-bikestation-4.jpg

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
.........yes but do not make the mistake included in the Bike Station design!!
That is to use nuts and bolts as fastenings in the design and then expect the bikes to be secure.
The bike in this picture can be released with a spanner despite the locking cable .......and the bike could be taken leaving the quick release front wheel behind without any tools :eek:hmy:

5609102-caravan-bikestation-4.jpg

Quite right Gafferbill, hence the reason why i said Weld, and i think putting the back wheel in and chaining through the wheel and frame would be better.
I on the other hand have come up with a better solution. I use a 2 metre heavy duty chain with padlock and chain the bike to the Alloy wheel, The chain has a cover so it will not damage the alloy wheel and the chain and padlock are resistand to bolt cutter and sawing. I just want to hope i dont lose the key or the spare :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts