caravan cleaning

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone
I am putting my Bailey pageant up for sale,although i have never used it since i bought it in October i was going to wash it down, i know it might sound stupid but whats the best cleaner to use and the best method.
Its in excellent nick but want it to look as best as possible.
Thanks

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Start with a good wash down using Fenwicks caravan cleaner concentrate.
If the paintwork has a good gleam then rinse off with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler.
If it's dull then out with the elbow grease and Autoglym super resin polish.
Do NOT use a pressure washer.

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tried the sno-foam devices ?

I have had one for the car for a few years, and although they are powered by a power washer, it is not a strong jet, more of a soft spray, which completely covers the van in the soap foam, which lifts the dirt off. A quick hose down (with the hose only) removes any left over foam, and I finish with a spray of Bobby dazzler, and a chamois wipe down.

It is advertised as contactless, which it can be, but for any stubborn dirt, a wash mit soon gets rid of it. I never touch the windows, until the van is done, then I use a microfibre cloth and Fenwicks cleaner in a trigger bottle.

This seems to work - our 23 yr old van is always spotless.... until we go on holiday anyway :p

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi Dustydog, i'v just tried to come back after the change over ( years now) got tangled up as usual. Thanks for your input and support , hope this finds you well kind regards jrs1(old man fenwick)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
JRS1 said:
Hi Dustydog, i'v just tried to come back after the change over ( years now) got tangled up as usual. Thanks for your input and support , hope this finds you well kind regards jrs1(old man fenwick)

Welcome back my old dog friend :)
I should have added that I also use Fenwicks Black streak remover spray for those stubborn stains. Does the job very well on my Bailey caravan .

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been beaten to it, but would recommend Fenwicks followed by Autoglym to get a great shine ..... and lots of elbow grease or a polisher! :cheer:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I was an Autoglym man until last weekend, picked up the Aldi caravan concentrate at £2.99 and black streak cleaner and washed the van on site last Saturday and whoooo brilliant stuff and no probs with the bird poo either.

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi Dustydog, as you are well aware year in year out without fail new companies come into the market place with a new caravan cleaner / blackstreak remover.Some are better than others but they are not always consistent in their performance.The companies might not be the ones that were used last year which gave you pleasing results but could have been changed due to market forces( availability, price , etc.) Fenwicks has stood the test of time and has always kept it's word on green issues, safety, performance and price it is always value for your hard earned cash. Regards Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts