caravan club = boring club & O.A.P club....

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are a few that are very expensive for families (probably priced so that families don't use them). If you say Rowntree Park in peak season for the pitch, 2 adults, 2-3 children, it would be around £38, well priced out for non retired people to use. I also use CL's only have done for about 12 years - and my children are now 15 and 17 and have enjoyed every minute of them.

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Must admit, having been a CC member on and off for 5 years ( 6 yr gap in middle). I often wonder why we became members again..

After the first time round - I thought that all we got from it was a glossy mag - which didnt tell me anything new or interesting at times, and a list of CL's that were either too dear when compared to commercial sites, or just didnt have the facilities (apart from the regulation shiny "loo-block" ...lol, smileyface emotes)

I've wondered about the C&CC but dont know if that's any better.

I suppose in all honesty - we are very unlikely to use CL sites or go to rallies - afterall we're are members of our make of caravan "owners club" and dont go to their rallies (due to being at silly times of the year or locations that we cant get to quickly for the weekend to be viable) - but I digress.

I think that what is needed is for a magazine to stick it's head above the battlements and do an article on the various clubs - but I think the public would like to know - join this club if you are knocking on a bit and want a nice quiet weekend away as most of it's CL's are small and have no facilities - or this club because most of it's CL's are set up if you've got kids or are still young enough to have fun and dont mind having some urk running around having fun with other urks...

Me..... I just want to set up camp somewhere...... thats the best of both worlds - as I'm knocking on - well, middle aged - well, 45(ish) and have kids, (and still has shiny loos) and close to somewhere - where I can take my RC monster truck and razz around until I run out of gas.(but only if I manage to sneak it past the dragon.)

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
aaah , the lovely tones of .21 2 stroke on a tuned pipe runnng on 10% nitro. ....

i have loads of 2 strokes, 4 strokes, used to race 1/8th ic circuit-nationally - and was quite good) but a 2 stoke glow on caravan site..... noooooo.
im 48 and have more aircraft, cars and boats than most model shops, and i only ever take my leccy stuff on my hols.... flying a small leccy extra300s on the beach draws a crowd.

out of interest i have insurance cover through the bmfa and brca, do you have any?

and if anyone else out there takes rc stuff on thir hols be aware that there is to be calmp down on frequency use.. 2.4ghz is general use, 35mhz air only, 40mhz surface only, 27mhz general.

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Surely if Coopycoopy wants bars, clubs and entertainment for the kids etc he should go to Butlinz. CC sites are not holiday camps but somewhere to park your caravan and enjoy the peace and (relative) quiet of the countryside but with clean, well maintained but actually fairly basic facilities. Perhaps the fact that he believes that all CC sites are fully booked speaks volumes. It is obviously this sort of caravan site that many, and dare I venture to say, most, caravanners want. Hence the big rise in membership.
JohnM

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts