Caravan Club confirms temporary car park caravan site at NEC

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Caravan Club confirms it will provide temporary caravan site at the NEC and bookings are open. Details are here

Just out of interest, does anyone on here stay onsite at the NEC? Are you near enough to commute? Or do you stay somewhere else...

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
The C&CC site at Kingsbury Water Park.......10 miles from NEC.
Stayed here before and it worked well for me but not going this year.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
When we go we can commute to the NEC because it's just over 20 miles from home with good motorway access.
We won't be going this year though.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The cost at £30 per nigt for 6amp power is daylight robbery as I think ti si very expensive for staying on a car park. Price of entrance tickets may have dropped, but camping has shot up. If I remember correctly, last year they had to drop the price because of low take up due to high price?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
At £30 per night, it would be cheaper to stay in a Travelodge or Premier Inn - they start from £29 in the Midlands.
Thinking about it, for £20 / night you can park on my drive - standard site socket available for electrics, limited to 13A.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
at £30 a night its far too expensive. we go to a lot of the shows and always stay at kingsbury water park. its only 8 miles away a 15 min easy drive, plenty of space and great walks round the local lakes, plus the last time we were there we found a miniture steam railway with great rides round the park just a 10 min walk from the site.
cant understand people whom pay the expensive on site camping fees to stay on a tarmac carpark and porta loo facilities plus be off site early or else. at least at kingsbury as long as there is availability the staff are very helpfull and can be flexible with a late departure which can come in handy if you need to return to the nec the following day if you need to return anything, thats happened to me twice now lol.
cheers
John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Having seen photos of the site taken by members it can suffer very badly when wet so using it in February looks dodgy.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
At the last NEC Show we were thinking about taking our caravan, but found a hotel where breakfast was included for just £29.00 -- so it made no sense to use the 'temporary campsite' at the NEC

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The cost reflects the cost of putting in a temorary electric supply and other infrastructure making the operation quite expensive to set up. Bearing in mind you will not have to pay £10 to park and can *** back for lunch there may be some saving that makes the cost actualy more reasonable than it first appears.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts