Caravan Club Insurance - can highly recommend

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My van was written off on 17 April. Received a cheque this morning in full settlement. Less than three weeks for the whole process. Excellent service from the Caravan Club, no quibbles.

Highly recommend.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nice one Lisa! Look out, North Dykes, she's on her way!!
Hi emmerson

Looking forward to stopping there. My husband is going with us this time, he's only been to Appleby once, 15 years ago.

Lisa

G

Lisa,

Glad to hear your 'problem' was sorted so satisfactorily. However, you have made a few 'assumptions'.

The Caravan Club does not offer insurance. It is supplied through a broker, Devitts, who are a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Scotland and therefore share pedigree with Direct Line amongst others. Devitts, as a broker, offer insurance from a variety of companies and it would be interesting to know which one actually gave you the satisfactory outcome, as they are not all of similar 'outlook', as is the case in a market place industry.

Of course, Devitts and any Royal Bank broker will offer you insurance at probably similar quotations from the same Companies if you so desire, however, the Caravan Club would not get it's commision.

All I am suggesting is that it is a commercial world out there and there are no 'freebies'. Customers of Saga for instance will give similar tales.

Anyway, as long as you are happy then the rest is totally irrevelant. Again glad to know it all worked out for you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa - really pleased it all worked out well.

For those that may be confused about Scotch Lads "interpretation" of what The Caravan Club offers - this from their website:-

"The Caravan Club is an independent intermediary and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Our FSA Register number is 311890.

Our permitted business is advising and arranging general insurance contracts.

You can check this on the FSA's Register by visiting the FSA's website www.fsa.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234.

The Caravan Club is a well respected organisation. I have found their help and service excellent.

For those that wish to have the FACTS - do check out the FSA website.

G

You are correct Clive in what you say, however that only refers to caravan insurance. However, if you look at the '5C's policy document also given on the website, it clearly states on page 3 that the underwriters of the Scheme are the Caravan Club and Devitts Insurance Services. In fact the principal underwriter is actually AXA Insurance. In addition, as I am sure you know, the Caravan Club also offers home and car insurance of all types which is also supplied only through Devitts. The paperwork always shows both logos at the top.

So we could be splitting 'hairs' a bit here but I stick by my comment that the Caravan Club is not in itself an insurance company. In fact I have had that quoted to me when contacting the Club on an insurance issue. Now I admit that I have never actually insured my caravan with the CC but have insured both cars, homes and motorhomes with them, always through Devitts, and the actual insurance has always been provided by one of the regular companies, such as Equity Red Star, Axa etc that offer similar services through any broker.

I have taken out the Red Pennant cover for my overseas trip this year and I note that this is actually supplied by Groupama Insurances as part of a 'master policy' held in the name of the Caravan Club.

Now I am not questioning the value, or otherwise of any Policy offered through the CC. This is entirely up to the individual concerned, merely that the CC is just an intermediary, as is the C&CC and for that matter Saga for instance.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts