caravan club no rallys in magazine

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi had the caravan club magazine and same as last month no rallies or holiday rallies in the book
i know it says look on the web site but elderly people or other ages who are in the club
my not have access to the internet i thinks its wrong the are not putting them in the mag
what do you other members feel

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Try joining a few rally centres ....I am not too sure but you may get some printed lists of events...otherwise your local library will have web access for those without a 'puter with very helpfull staff...but as you so rightly say, considering the age of the clientelle of the club, not printing rally events is taking cost cutting a step too far.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The Caravan Club is damned if they do and damned if they don't - they refused for many decades to have any facilities online or by phone which couldn't be replicated by post in order to avoid discriminating against their many older members - but they've gradually dragged themselves into the present day and are now being criticised for not retaining the old methods.
Personally, I find the club magazine a waste of time/money, it's simply full of promotional material in one form or another.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'll second RodgerL on that, best bit is the crossword. Personally I couldn't care less about Rallys just not my cup of tea gingganggoolying
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
RogerL said:
The Caravan Club is damned if they do and damned if they don't - they refused for many decades to have any facilities online or by phone which couldn't be replicated by post in order to avoid discriminating against their many older members - but they've gradually dragged themselves into the present day and are now being criticised for not retaining the old methods.
Personally, I find the club magazine a waste of time/money, it's simply full of promotional material in one form or another.
Agreed as only one or two worthwhile articles of any interest. Letters are a waste of space. Did any one read the artilce about the club myths? A total hoot!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Surfer said:
RogerL said:
Agreed as only one or two worthwhile articles of any interest. Letters are a waste of space. Did any one read the artilce about the club myths? A total hoot!
I've no gripes with adverts. That's what makes the mags survive financially whether we like them or not.
A great shame because with a circulation of nearly 350,000 you'd expect a little more "ground level" stuff,. Now if PCv had such a circulation our Nigel would be in for a Steve Hester type bonus
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts