Caravan Club - outfit size for booking a pitch?

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi there, when trying to book a site on the CC website it asks for your caravan length, is this the full shipping length including A frame or just the caravan length excluding A frame. I have never been quite sure of this and a problem came to light yesterday when i tryed book a pitch at Rowntree Park CC site in york, I know this is a very busy site and been told that it is compact too, but the website said that my caravan was too big, i only have a single axel 5 berth caravan, nothing huge surely this site can take 4 / 5 berth caravans? Any comments appreciated! Thanks Andrew.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Rowntree Park c.c. site pitches can accomodate all caravans even the 27 feet overall lengh twin axles.

When you are filling in the site booking form, did you put the overall lengh of your caravan in feet box or metre box? If you use feet as I do it states 26 feet then 28 feet. My caravan is 27 feet overall so I put 28 feet in the box, as there is no box for 27 feet. It said my caravan was too long, so I changed the lengh to 26 feet and it accepted it. I have put 26 feet ever since. I rang the C.C. and they told me to put 26 feet. They expect everyone to deal in metres!! I am one of the old school.

Enjoy your stay at Rowntree and there is no need to worry about the size of the pitches.

Hope this puts your mind at rest.

HAMER

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts