caravan club site vouchers

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just a point------Is there any point in CC sending vouchers to thank members for using there insurance services when a: Getting a pitch is like gold dust and b: when you do find one for a long week end (Leyburn) they dont take site night vouchers!!!!! So fed up.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Pitches are only like gold dust at popular sites. There are plenty of others if you don't want to be a lemming and follow the crowd. If you want a weekend break go and have some peace at a less popular site, much more relaxing. :)

I believe it is only 'affiliated' sites that don't accept the vouchers as the sites are not CC owned.

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ive looked and all cc sites in yorks are booked up unless you dont need toilet facilities, the Leyburn site is caravan club but managed and dont take vouchers. I would appreciate any suggestions on cc sites that may have spaces for this week end (frid till mon) were happy to drive in radius of 100 miles from Nottingham. Thanks for your advice.Maddy

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Looking up Leyburn in the Site Directory I see it is a CL (Certified Location) not a main site. Please note that no CLs are CC owned and therefore none will accept CC Site Vouchers. As previously stated, of the main sites, only CC owned sites will exchange the Vouchers, not Affiliated Sites.

If you are looking at CLs then there must be literally 100s within a 100 mile radius of Nottingham. The CC website has a reasonable search engine for CLs where you can input search criteria such as distance, toilet facilities, hook ups, etc. Unfortunately you have to ring the CLs individually for availability as they are not part of the central booking facility.

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks its lower wenslydale in leyburn thats a managed site not a cl so my mistake as i thought it being under club site it was ok, never mind, its booked so may just forfait the vouchers. thanks

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Maddy
A bit further north but a lovely part of the world. And they have vacancies and you can use your vouchers :)
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk-caravan-sites-and-parks/CalendarResult.aspx?site=ROS

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Have a look at Teesdale cc site , about 4o minutes past leyburn though , was there last weekend , lovely site , great town centre within walking distance , mobile pizza van on a fri and mobile fish & chip van sat night !

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Just done 3 nights at Baltic Wharf - Bristol, on site vouchers, superb value, saved about 63 quid. They do request identity now to stop vouchers being resold.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Just done 3 nights at Baltic Wharf - Bristol, on site vouchers, superb value, saved about 63 quid. They do request identity now to stop vouchers being resold.

Baltic Wharf is closing soon, isn't it, as the council want their prime real estate back to develop the land for a primary school? :( The lease is expiring.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We get most of ours from the CC credit card, all our "paying" is done on this card, spend £3000 get a night site voucher. All our spend is done through this Visa card. Settled monthly - no charges, we think we're getting 'summat for nowt' as we would be using another credit card if not this one. We generally end up with about five a year. NB -- we always use them on the most expensive sites!

Baltic Wharf was supposedly already shut for this year, but such an outcry from many Bristol residents & businesses, + petitions, and the 'council' stayed execution and is having a rethink.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you want a CC site at short notice the web site has a late availability page which does help. They are very short of sites in Yorkshire though and you will need a bit of luck to get in most weekends.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Gabsgrandad said:
We get most of ours from the CC credit card, spend £3000 get a night site voucher. .

Haven't really compared card for card, but a Tesco credit card sounds a better deal. So far this year off Tesco Credit Card vouchers I've had a return booking on Eurotunnel (£60 value) and an annual pass for all the Ironbridge Museums, £21.50 value.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts