Caravan Club Sites, closed season and the wardens.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We did it to see Status Quo/Beach Boys and Andrea Bocelli the next night. Caught the night bus back via Brixton!!! Arrived back on site about 0200 each night having left around 0900 the day before. Only problem was that darned fox nicking stuff from the awning (shoes).

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Queen next for me with my daughter=not sure what the singer is like and then ELO in October-went last year and never heard anything quite so superb so had to go again!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If any one is going to the Milton Keynes Bowl, for a show, then The Rose and Crown, in Ridgmont is great. A very basic site, Mk43 0ty. Dog friendly, 20 minutes off the M1 , J 13. 30 minutes to MK . 40 minutes into the smoke. . Great pub. As well.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Quick update to the original post.

I have managed to get hold of the warden though the site doesnt open for another week, and although its at the wardens discretion, this particular one is OK with the plan. The only proviso is that if we are away for more than 48 hours, we have to disconnect the electric and shut the gas off, which we would have done anyway. The club insurance have added a note to my file saying that we have informed them too and they are also happy.

For you guys that said they wouldnt bother informing the warden, they only charge for the unit and one person rather than two for the time you are away, which is obviously a money saver :)

Alls well that ends well. It pays to be upfront and honest.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It perhaps worth adding that the same may not hold true for Caravan and Camping club and other private sites, so its worth checking the sites terms and conditions first, and of course your own insurance policies.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
As Prof says, and also to add that its at the wardens discretion with CAMC, for any period after a single night.

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Queen next for me with my daughter=not sure what the singer is like and then ELO in October-went last year and never heard anything quite so superb so had to go again!

ELO....that brings back memories. Saw the 'full team' in about '81 when the Time album came out. As a spotty 20 something who had never been to a concert before, it was mind-blowing. One of the things that stood out, was a sound console the size of a bus in the middle of the arena (NEC) with about 6 blokes working it. Obviously ELO were massively into synthesizers, and used a huge number of instruments at the time, so needed something to get the sound as it should be. And it was absolutely spot on - just like the records of the time. I've had a soft spot for their music ever since.
Another memory thats just come to me was Mick Kaminski bouncing around the stage with his violin like a man possessed, what a night!

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Yes, last years was musically just the best concert ever=combo of real string instruments and synthesisers plus Jeff hasn't lost it in the slightest-can't wait to see them again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts