Caravan Club Sites.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
If i was running the caravan club, i would immediately increase site fees by 30%.

Obviously there is more demand than supply?

Also i would increase the annual fee to

G

I do not believe there are too many campers chasing too few places. If that were indeed the case then comments regarding the number of vacant pitches on so called full sites would not appear. Similarly the manufacturer's output figures do not reflect this when compared with the scrappage rates. What I do believe is that there are a number of people who feel that making multiple bookings, and either not cancelling, or doing so at the last minute, is justified to achieve their own ambitions. This problem seems to only affect the CC and as other organisations have sites available even in peak periods, this again does not support the comment regarding numbers.

By the CC relying on a sense of 'fair play' is also obviously not working, and in fact has encouraged others who would not normally do similar, to actually follow suit. The CC surely would have been aware that by advertising their '2010 B-Day' then that demand on that date would be excessive, or have the powers that be in that Organisation never seen a Sale at a major Retailer? Again, I comment that the C&CC do not have the same problem, although some would state that they have a lower membership so is not comparable. However, if the CC had any sense of obligation to ALL their members then they would initiate a procedure to minimise this abuse, however having watched that Organisation change from a family Club to a major business to now a burocracy, over the last 30 years, I am not holding my breath.

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
I haven't even tried to book anything, mainly because the most notice I have of getting the chance to get away is about 2 weeks. But, what about a staggered rollout, like Jan2010 booking start in jan 2009, feb2010 in feb 09, march 10 in march 09?

Might passifie the one who can book far in advance and spread the load on the servers a bit. Not saying it will solve the much brought up block bookers but you never know

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This being the first time I have experienced the booking frenzy since joining the CCC, I was not surprised that I was unable to even log onto the site at 9.15am yesterday morning. However, as I had to go out for the day with no internet access, I managed to make my summer holiday booking (at the ever popular Hillhead site by the way) by simply making a note of the site phone number and calling them at around 2pm.

I got straight through to the warden who was brilliant and very helpful. I was expecting to be limited on date availability but could be flexible so long as it was during the school holidays but was told that they had availability throughout and I could choose.

Within 2 minutes, my booking was made and with a real person! It would have taken me far longer than this to book up my laptop and book it on line (even if the systems were working at normal speed). It pays to take the human approach sometimes!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am not a member of the CC, so I don't experience difficulties that its members seem to have, when the booking season starts.

But I have always expected to pay a non refundable deposit to secure a pre booked site. It makes me certain that I want to go, and I can't afford to book multiple sites on the basis of deciding which one to use nearer the time.

I take out holiday insurance, so that if I genuinely can't use the site due to ill health or other real reason that I get the bulk of my money back.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It happens for just a few hours on the initial day and I'll bet that 99.99% of those who were complaining have now booked the dates they required.

If I was that desperate for a site at Christmas or New Year, when all knows it's a popular time with not many sites open, I'd have done as Jim suggested, booked it by letter on November 16th.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
If I was that desperate for a site at Christmas or New Year, when all knows it's a popular time with not many sites open, I'd have done as Jim suggested, booked it by letter on November 16th.Said LB.

Quite right but in these modern times how many people can actually write? LOL.

Ray

Forget price increases; it's a club. Anyway a lot of sites are open to non members. I wonder how many of them booked ahead?

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If I was that desperate for a site at Christmas or New Year, when all knows it's a popular time with not many sites open, I'd have done as Jim suggested, booked it by letter on November 16th.Said LB.

Quite right but in these modern times how many people can actually write? LOL.

Ray

Forget price increases; it's a club. Anyway a lot of sites are open to non members. I wonder how many of them booked ahead?

Cheers

Dustydog
I haven't checked Dusty but hopefully the popular sites like Chatsworth, Longleat, Hillhead etc. aren't open to non-members.

Then again perhaps CC Managed sites have a clause that allows this.

Tiz

Mar 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I promised to update this topic when I had a reply from the Caravan Club. Well apart from an acknowledgement we have had no reply. We have noticed that there is now a note on the web for this site (Seacroft) informing that bookings for Christmas and the New Year are open direct with the site from March 26th 2010. It fails to mention that people who booked last year have first opportunity to book for next year.

It is only of academic interest as we would not go now anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts