Caravan Door Locks

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......It is impossible to make a caravan secure... entry is easy and you do not need any tools.

All you can do is fit entry alarms to wake you up if you are asleep..... far easier and cheaper.

I once saw a youth punch his fist through a caravan window with one blow!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
......It is impossible to make a caravan secure... entry is easy and you do not need any tools.

All you can do is fit entry alarms to wake you up if you are asleep..... far easier and cheaper.

I once saw a youth punch his fist through a caravan window with one blow!
Let's hope its a better alarm than the Swift one then

G

You are getting the hang of it. Just imagine your van is basically a tent with more solid walls and roof, and is on wheels and you have the picture security wise.

However, do not be too disheartened. The number of thefts from vans is relatively low and in Europe you would be amazed at the amount of quite valuable stuff people leave lying about in the open, and nobody touches anything.

The majority of thefts are looking for cash and credit cards. Therefore do not leave these in an obvious position.

Also note that if you have fitted extra locks then a thief may decide yours is the van to go for. It is a crazy world.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Strangely enough when I went to take the pics of the lock I was approached by someone selling house security products including alarms,security grills and shutters etc

I would prefer to keep someone out than be woken and on the rare occasion that we do have to stay on a quayside the alarm would have to be off as we would set it off

The alarm on our Swift does not always go off if you jack the van up and remove a wheel as I recently found out

The PIR is slightly better and it does alarm if you get right up to it

It satisfies the insurance company

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts