CARAVAN EXPLORER ALARM " Help"

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I have just bought a second-hand Caravan an Elddis Typhoon Explorer fitted with an Autowatch Alarm.

there is something wrong with it as when its armed the slightest touch and its on making a really terrible sound in my small housing estate.

I have managed to find someone to look at it some few miles away from my home where the caravan is parked.

What I need to know is how can I disarm the alarm for certaIn.

I rang a firm who said if I remove the battery in the alarm box that will kill it dead but I did that and it still goes off at the touch.

I would like to know how I can kill it completely and with out setting it off in doing what I have to do.

I will be very grateful if anyone can help me.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terry i have never seen this type of alarm but does it have a motion sensor fitted ? if it does it may need setting up a bit more tollerant. if not you will need to remove the power supply from the leisure battery as well as the units built in battery to stop it working completely.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Terry,

The quickest way to silence the alarm is to unplug the siren. I've had a look at the wiring diagram and there is a plug which joins the siren to the control box, but i would not recommend you doing this.

Icemaker is right in saying you may need to adjust the motion sensor, it took me ages to get mine in the right position to stop the alarm going off for no reason.

It's something you need to get sorted as your insurance may be void if you have not got the alarm activated and some thieving pratt comes along and takes a fancy to your van.

Have a look at the wiring diagram here:

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarms/autowatch/caravan_fitting1.html
Hope this helps

Graham (Ponty)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts