Caravan Fire in Cornwall

May 7, 2012
Visit site
They looked to be far too close together which presumably means that the fire spread from one to the other.
I would say the probable cause is likely to be the use of gas which should not have been used with the caravans that close,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tried to watch the Video but it would not play for me. However I got the gist from the written material. It is always tragic to see such events, and I hope no one was injured, but it looks as though it may have been peoples homes, which brings a new dimension to the impact of the fire.

As so often happens with such reports we only have a few facts - Caravans burned in a pub car park, We have some pictorial information that suggests the caravan MAY have been too close together, but the problem with both news video and photographs is they are often taken with a telephoto lens which distorts distance perspectives.

Most of us know that caravans are highly combustible, and once a fire starts it doesn't take long for it to take hold and quite quickly decimate it. Fires just needs a source of ignition, it doesn't matter what causes it.**

Gas is almost always available in caravans, so it of course is possibly involved, but until we have further evidence, its involvement is pure speculation. It could also be an electrical fault, or even smoking....

Edit:-
** Silly me, of course what caused a fire is important, but within the context of what we know about this case, we do't know what caused it, and it doesn't change the devastation it has caused.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Interesting. No sites are listed at this location. I suspect the car park may possibly have been used as a temporary storage facility. Who knows ? Deffo not your main stream stuff! The video does work , all of three seconds!!

Reactions: DaveA1

TRENDING THREADS