Caravan Forums

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
As a total sprog at this caravan lark, I have had a plethora of mostly inane questions!.
I have tried to get some joy from other forums without success, mainly due to them being massively complicated to use.
This forum is fantastic!.
No sarcastic comments (yet!), just constructive ideas and suggestions.
Think I am going to like this caravan lark. So far so good!
Simon.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's good to know that you're enjoying this forum PF, thanks for the vote of confidence :cheer:
Caravanners in general are usually friendly and helpful and our loyal forumites have a wealth of knowledge and experience to call on.
We do have the occasional debate when differing opinions are aired but it's usually done in a friendly good natured way.
We were all 'total sprogs' at one time or another, and we'd much rather that you asked a multitude of questions that beginners often ask than to not ask a question that would have saved you problems or money, so ask away!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
As Parksy says this a friendly and happy site most of the time and he and Damien jump on anything naughty pretty darn quickly. We're all happy to help where we can even if sometimes we may leg pull. Enjoy the forum and ask away even if you get conflicting answers as mistakes can be costly to say the least.

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Agreed.
We have waited 66 years to get a decent car and caravan, and have researched it to death. But there is no substitute for practical experience, so that is why forums like this are invaluable to total newcomers like me. Luckily, I am a very practical person, and come from a generation of "make & mend", so am happy to tackle most jobs whilst listening to my elders for their sage advice!.
I am involved in running a Radio Controlled Model club and forum...........and the amount of dis-information and "fake news" is unbelievable. Safety is my priority, and our car / caravan set up will not be going anywhere until it is as safe and secure as I can get it. (Despite my wife just wanting to load up and push off!).

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Basically choosing a caravan is like choosing your car. You work out your needs and what you think will suit you best but we are all different and therefore you have to make the choice. We are all biased in some ways so evidence on makes and models might not be quite as easy as how to deal with different problems. Ask away but do take that into account.

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Parksy said:
It's good to know that you're enjoying this forum PF, thanks for the vote of confidence :cheer:
Caravanners in general are usually friendly and helpful and our loyal forumites have a wealth of knowledge and experience to call on.
We do have the occasional debate when differing opinions are aired but it's usually done in a friendly good natured way.
We were all 'total sprogs' at one time or another, and we'd much rather that you asked a multitude of questions that beginners often ask than to not ask a question that would have saved you problems or money, so ask away!

I for one, certainly wish I'd heard about this forum BEFORE we bought our van. It has been a wealth of knowledge and would have saved me some dodgy moments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts