Caravan fridge

Apr 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

We have a Thetford N80 fridge in our new caravan and it doesn't seem to be working is there a fuse for the fridges and if so where would I find it.

Many thanks

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The fuse should be in the main power control unit. I take it that you are on a pitch with Mains power supply. The fridge will only work on 12 volts if the car is connected to the van and the car is running.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Does it work on gas?
Find the 230 v mains cable running from the rear of fridge. There will be a mains 3 pin plug . Is it fully plugged in . Change the plug fuse for the correct rating.
Are the controls on the fridge correctly set?

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Does everything else mains-powered work? try plugging things into 3-pin sockets etc. Don't assume that because lights are working the mains is OK, because they'll be powered by the battery (probably) ( sorry if that's insultingly obvious but newbies have varying levels of knowledge!).

On my caravan the fridge shares a breaker with the mains sockets, so if sockets are also not working, check for a breaker that's flipped.

Reactions: Caravan newbie
Apr 12, 2023
Visit site
Does everything else mains-powered work? try plugging things into 3-pin sockets etc. Don't assume that because lights are working the mains is OK, because they'll be powered by the battery (probably) ( sorry if that's insultingly obvious but newbies have varying levels of knowledge!).

On my caravan the fridge shares a breaker with the mains sockets, so if sockets are also not working, check for a breaker that's flipped.
Thanks, Gozza,

All sockets are working.

TRENDING THREADS