caravan insurance

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

My insurance is due shortly and i am ringing round for prices. My van is a Lunar Delta Ti 2009, the best quote i have had is with Camping and Caravan Club, they beat the Caravan Club who were better than my present insurer.

Has anybody found a good insurer at a reasanable price as money is getting tighter and tighter.

cheers

Graham

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Graham,

I already insure with camping & caravanning club. I couldn't beat their quote plus in the past I have had reason to claim. Very straight forward with no hassle.

I would recommend them without reservation.

G

Sorry, but your question is really not answerable accurately. All Brokers and Insurers will offer incentives to get new business and this does not follow a straight format, so someone may get a better deal from 1 Company than you, and vice versa. The time may be important as well because if a Company has an incentive scheme on for a month for example, you may get an even bigger discount. Chasing a new quote several months before the renewal is due can often 'tickle' a good deal, rather than wait until the last minute and the Companies know you have less choice.

Unfortunately, you will have to do the leg work by getting all the quotes you can and decide which is the best for you. Of course, once you have signed someone will come along and tell you that their Company has an even better deal. Sod's Law always works.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Once you have found the lowest price for insurance which is comparable to your present insurer go back to them and ask them to match it or beat it. I have done this for the last two years and both times they have price matched my lowest quote, BUT it must be like for like cover, same excesses applied etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts