Caravan Levelling

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
JanBn said:
I have been reading about ensuring you pull forward as reversing releases the brakes as you said, but one query I have as regards the Lock'n'Level, on the website video it says to reverse onto the L'n'L surely that will mean the brakes are disengaged when you start inflation, or does the Alko wheel lock prevent any movement? :)

Please note that you have it wrong - reversing will apply the brakes (the same effect when towing and the car slows down thus causing the overrun brakes to apply). Going forward releases the brakes.

:eek:hmy: oh thanks, I'd better reread the blogs :lol:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The lock n level is flat before you drive or reverse on. Then you apply handbrake and wheelclamp. Only then would you inflate and the bag hugs your wheel. It does not leave an inclined plane as a ramp does.

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I tend to get the van in position first either by reversing it onto the pitch with the car if there's enough room or use the motor mover.

The next part can change depending on which side needs levelling but you'll hopefully get the idea.

I get the wheel lock lined up as near as possible (I only tend to use one lock out of the two) and I lay the L'n'L adjacent to the wheels that need raising but making sure the L'n'L is set so that the wheels will be in the centre of the bags (Plenty of length and width on the bags too) even when inflated. I then move the van forward or backwards depending on space around the pitch with the motor mover so that I can then slide the L'n'L to where the wheels were situated previously in order for the wheel lock to be aligned. I move the van over the L'n'L making sure it's straight and adjust to suit the wheel lock receiver and lock. Handbrake on, wheel lock on and I start to inflate the bag checking the side to side levelling and adjusting the jockey wheel for front to rear levelling. Easy Peazy!

Once the van is at the correct height, disconnect the compressor and pop the valve cap on. Carry on as you would with the winding down of corner steadies and then open a beer.

Hopefully this uploaded photo works on this forum but as an example here's our 2015 Cartagena at Grafham Water back in July 15

2elcl4y.jpg

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Chrisjkerr said:
I tend to get the van in position first either by reversing it onto the pitch with the car if there's enough room or use the motor mover.

The next part can change depending on which side needs levelling but you'll hopefully get the idea.

I get the wheel lock lined up as near as possible (I only tend to use one lock out of the two) and I lay the L'n'L adjacent to the wheels that need raising but making sure the L'n'L is set so that the wheels will be in the centre of the bags (Plenty of length and width on the bags too) even when inflated. I then move the van forward or backwards depending on space around the pitch with the motor mover so that I can then slide the L'n'L to where the wheels were situated previously in order for the wheel lock to be aligned. I move the van over the L'n'L making sure it's straight and adjust to suit the wheel lock receiver and lock. Handbrake on, wheel lock on and I start to inflate the bag checking the side to side levelling and adjusting the jockey wheel for front to rear levelling. Easy Peazy!

Once the van is at the correct height, disconnect the compressor and pop the valve cap on. Carry on as you would with the winding down of corner steadies and then open a beer.

Hopefully this uploaded photo works on this forum but as an example here's our 2015 Cartagena at Grafham Water back in July 15

2elcl4y.jpg

Thank you for explaining and the picture ;) I must say it certainly looks easy... exactly what I need and I'm sure the husband will be downing the beer whilst watching me :lol: or worst still whilst trying to operate the motormover! :eek:hmy: :lol:

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi A huge thank you to everyone for their replies. I am pleased to say that after everyone's advice I am now the proud owner of a Lock'n'Level!! :silly: I cannot wait to try it out on our new caravan. B)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts