Caravan Mains Water adaptor for AQUAROLL

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi marcus have a check when its screwed in that the ballcock thingy is actually straight up and down if its not it wont work, allso try and put your hand in the top hole and lift it up to see if it stops.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi marcus have a check when its screwed in that the ballcock thingy is actually straight up and down if its not it wont work, allso try and put your hand in the top hole and lift it up to see if it stops.
Hi

Thankfor reply.Already tried it.it still bring water in!.I got feeling there might part missing?

marcus

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi Marcus,

Can you describe exactly what you got from Homebase?

Was it the full Aquaroll mains kit, or did you just buy a compact float valve and make it yourself by drilling a hole in a spare Aquaroll cap?

If it was a DIY job, make sure that the float valve is positioned such that it is moving vertically once the cap is screwed on. You can check this by carefully marking the top of the cap when screwed on fully, then removing. If the valve is horizontal then it wont shut off the water.

Same can be true if the valve in the original Aquaroll kit has been set up incorrectly.

One other thing to check is that the submersible pump is not catching on the float and stopping the float from rising. Happened to me once on a pitch and the result was a small scale fountain bubbling out of the top of the aquaroll!!

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Marcus,

Can you describe exactly what you got from Homebase?

Was it the full Aquaroll mains kit, or did you just buy a compact float valve and make it yourself by drilling a hole in a spare Aquaroll cap?

If it was a DIY job, make sure that the float valve is positioned such that it is moving vertically once the cap is screwed on. You can check this by carefully marking the top of the cap when screwed on fully, then removing. If the valve is horizontal then it wont shut off the water.

Same can be true if the valve in the original Aquaroll kit has been set up incorrectly.

One other thing to check is that the submersible pump is not catching on the float and stopping the float from rising. Happened to me once on a pitch and the result was a small scale fountain bubbling out of the top of the aquaroll!!
Hi it is a compact float valve. it slow down and won't shut if off

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Just seen previous post.

If you have tried to lift the valve whilst it is fitted ( use a coat hanger if you can't get your hand in the top hole) and it keeps filling then I would conclude that the valve is duff.

One other thought. For the older fashioned toilet valves you could buy low pressure & high pressure valves to cope with houses that were either fed from a cold water header tank or direct from the mains. Not sure if this still applies to the more modern compact type cistern float valves.

Is it possible you have a low pressure valve and have it connected to a high pressure supply?

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
They usually have a couple of restrictors and a filter,it may be you havent been supplied with the restrictor and pressure is too high for the valve.I have used a side entry Torbeck valve about

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
I have had an Aquaroll mains adaptor for several years which I have mainly used in France where the water pressure always seems to be very high. A couple of times now I have been caught out by making the mistake of trying to compensate for the pressure by only turning the water supply tap on slightly thinking that it will make it easier for the valve to switch the water off. When this has not happened and the Aquaroll has flooded over I have ended up thinking that the unit is at fault and ended up dismantling everything. In the end bychance I turned the supply tap lever full on and everything worked perfectly. It was obviously the water pressure which was needed to effectively close the valve off tightly. The low water pressure meant that the water managed to keep trickling through.

Hope this works for you.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I made my own mains adaptor with a compact ball valve and a spare lid, (worked out much much cheaper than the

Aquaroll version). I made a mark with a perminant marker pen when I fisr put the valve in and levelled it up, now works every time.

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts