Caravan manufacturer poor quality control

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
I visited my local dealer yesterday and while looking over a brand new van without looking hard I found the following faults.1)A locker door broken off 2)A venetian blind missing 3)the toilet door handle fell off in my hands.This was without trying I dread to think what other problems the van had that were hidden from view. Do the manufacturer actualy check each van before they leave the factory? I certainly would now not purchase a van off this manufacturer and the price of the van over £16,000 not pocket change.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Gilbert

It is my understanding that vans have been checked by the manafacturer and again when they come off the delivery lorry.

It's caravaners viewing the caravans who steal, yes steal or break these parts.

This must be so annoying for the dealers because when Jo Blogs buys the van he wants it to be in working order, (which he should) but he has to wait for delivery of these items from the manafacture which can sometimes up to six weeks or more!

Who gets the bame for all this, well we know from postings on here regarding parts and it's always down to the dealer even when we all know that parts are hardly ever avialble off the shelf.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
The trouble is that demo caravans at some dealerships are left unlocked all the time and there are a minority of so-called customers who will use it to pilfer certain items or let their kids loose inside unsupervised to use it as a play room and damage equipment - thats why dealers remove certain items such as radios and cooker knobs etc from these vans - at dealerships where they are locked all the time, any genuine customer will probably be accompanied by a salesperson and have all the equipment explained to them as they get shown round inside

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Our dealer told me he has had people use the toilets in the display caravans, rather than walk to use the dealerships facilties1

Ron

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
the last motorhome we had was new but a van that was on display and there were some bits missing or minor damage to them.

I originally thought a dealer who locked their vans were wrong as , in my mind , it was a pain to have a sales man hawking after you while you were browsing.

However our current van we purchased new from a local dealer who locked the vans and yes they accompanied us to each van. But what we got was some very good advice along the way and ultimately into the right van for our needs.

The van we chose , had we have had free rein to come and go we would not have even stepped into. Yet the salesman knew his stuff , listen to our needs and what we liked or disliked in each van we looked at and he was able to suggest alternatives from his knowledge of his stock.

This was also the case a few years ago at a Motorhome dealer and , ironically had we listened to that guy we would not have purchased the wrong van at that time and may not even be caravanners now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts