Caravan Manufacturers Warranties

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
With the latest Caravan Show at the NEC due soon I had a quick flick through the manufacturers on line brochures.
The wording on most Warranties struck me as very carefully crafted by some ,one shall I say ,with a legal slant.

One example , name removed quotes

#### offers a Lifetime Water Ingress Warrantyfor water ingress through permanently sealed seam joints ……..
All subject to numerous caveats of course.

What exactly is the general understanding of a “ permanently sealed seam joint”?

How about window seals, door seals, poor fitting sky lights and panorama front centre windows?

The Warranty Manager of a local caravan dealer lives next door to one of my good friends. He says the majority of claims are for water ingress! Yes here in 2024 water ingress is the biggest customer return issue🤬🤬

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'll say it again; UK caravan manufacturers have had 100 years to to work out how to guarantee to keep a caravan watertight, but have failed - miserably. Its a a total disgrace they haven't invested a few percent of the proffit they have made , but in fact because of their failing to design their products properly, they have to increase their prices to their customers by probably £1000 to £2000 per caravan to cover the cost of the repairs they know their shoddy design and manufacturing processes create.

Effectively they are making their customers pay them to make products that are not fit for purpose.

It's nigh on criminal fraud. and it exposes their dealers to frequently breach the CRA regulations about selling faulty goods.

When will the manufacturers learn that doing proper design and testing to eliminate the major issue of water ingress in caravans would allow them to produce a better and cheaper product, that they, theri dealers and end users can feel confident in.

The manufacturers should hang their heads in shame about the continuing water ingress issues that many caravanners justly feel is major worry.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What exactly is the general understanding of a “ permanently sealed seam joint”?

How about window seals, door seals, poor fitting sky lights and panorama front centre windows?

The Warranty Manager of a local caravan dealer lives next door to one of my good friends. He says the majority of claims are for water ingress! Yes here in 2024 water ingress is the biggest customer return issue🤬🤬
From what I understand the chances of water ingress into a permanently sealed joint are almost zero? :unsure:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
From what I understand the chances of water ingress into a permanently sealed joint are almost zero? :unsure:
So, if water gets through a permanently sealed joint, then, by definition, it wasn’t a permanently sealed joint. Ergo the warranty doesn’t apply. 😂 Catch 22
Mel

• Haha
Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts