Caravan Manufactures are cr*p

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Just been on to the manufacturer of my Caravan, (best not mention the name for fear of Moderation) to enquire about the price and availability of a door part.

Now bear in mind this is only just out of its 3 year warranty to be told that the part I require is no longer available.

Not no longer a stock item but no longer available to order, surely this cannot be legal, dont they have a responsibility to be able to supply parts far beyond 3 years??????????/

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I can understand your frustration.

The motor industry undertakes to supply spares for a minimum of 10 years but in reality it's significantly more.

You're right, the caravan industry is carp.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Surely they must have a door to fit ? I would have thought they were a standard size.

The problem with the caravan industry is they introduce too many cosmetic changes every year to try and seduce buyers into regularly changing their vans.Replacement parts are a scandalous price as a result of limited production no doubt.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Rioja

Its only a door part I require, not a full door. I am sure they could supply a full door to fit but the part I want is only a small panel which is cracked.

May 19, 2007
Visit site
Well, after going to the Shows last year I shouldnt think that that problem will exist any longer.

All the caravans are the same, only the names have changed, and of course a few differenmt colour schemes.

I have bought my last uk built caravan, I think that generally they are crap.

I have a top of the range A-----le which had to be replaced after only one year, the new replacement was thrown together with cheap materials and staples.

I am going German or Dutch next time.

G

I sympathise with your problem. My own caravan door also suffered a cracked inner panel, mainly because I was too enthusiastic in pushing it against the holding catch. I also approached the UK main dealer who advised me a new door was required at an estimated cost of

May 19, 2007
Visit site
I sympathise with your problem. My own caravan door also suffered a cracked inner panel, mainly because I was too enthusiastic in pushing it against the holding catch. I also approached the UK main dealer who advised me a new door was required at an estimated cost of

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts