caravan mechanic requirments

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
i am made on caravanning and have recently completed extensive damp repair to my own van. Having enjoyed the project and completed it very successfully i was wondering what kind of requirment were required to become a qualified caravan technician. (p.s am already a qualified vehicle mechanic so am quite adept at pulling things apart and repairing them) also quite a good DIYer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jerry

I don't think you need anything other than Gas fiiting and vehicle wireing skils , are you planning to set up in busines if so there are college cources to get a bit of paper that says you can.

Jim M

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Jerry

I don't think you need anything other than Gas fiiting and vehicle wireing skils , are you planning to set up in busines if so there are college cources to get a bit of paper that says you can.

Jim M
thanks Jim, that seems pretty straight forward. Am thinking of starting on my own so that little peice of paper may be to my advantage.Will start looking for courses (evenings i hope).

Thank you for your reply

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Now Jerry, you sound has so you have a good head on you. With a few personal experiences and the tales on here about how dealers treat van problems.

If you are good with your hands and are also undrstanding and fair, I guess loads of Caravanners would want you doing work for them but I'm not sure if you would fit in with dealer requirements in a lot of cases ;-)

Good luck if though>

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jerry ,If you are realy interested in becoming a caravan mechanic go to caravan talk and ask Mr Sheens .He is a fully qualified caravan mechanic and a nice helpfull guy . Good luck

Coljac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks Jim, that seems pretty straight forward. Am thinking of starting on my own so that little peice of paper may be to my advantage.Will start looking for courses (evenings i hope).

Thank you for your reply
Jerry

Which part of the country are you in,

In the westmids there are many Tech Colleges, but nodout there will be some near where you live.

Let me know how you get on, there is a good market for srevicing, The guy that dose mine went mobile eight years ago and is never out of work.

Jim

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
One thing I would say Jerry. these jobs are very satisfying on your own 'van. They're not so much fun when it's someone else's headache.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts