Caravan Motor Mover and Wheel Clamps

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I am thinking of fitting a motor mover (Truma, Reich or Powrwheel) but have haerd that they may not then allow wheel clamps to be fitted. I currently use a Bulldog Titan for storage, anda Bulldog QD44 for touring. Has anyone any experience witha mover and wheelclamps. The van is is a 2005 Bailey with 14 wheels and shock absorbers and with Alko side lift jacking points behinf the wheels.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We use wheel clamps on our caravan without any trouble. We have a Powrtouch fitted currently. In former times we had a Truma and still had not trouble fitting a wheel clamp. Why not get in touch with the companies direct and they will be happy to give you details in 'writing'!

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
We have a 2006 Bailey with alloys and old Trunma mover. we fitted locking wheel nuts and use the clamp that is like two letter U's pushing together. It doesn't fit over the nots hence the locking nuts. We also have the Alco bulit in clamp which is brillient in storage and on level pitches. On slopes I ahve not yet mamaged to get both the van level and the bits lined up so out comes the old faithful. I would recommend you research the movers carefully, I've been disappointed in the performance of mine although I understand the new ones are improved.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Reich mover fitted to a 2005 Ace Award with Alloys, and use a Bulldog Titan in storgae without any problems. A friend also has a 2004 Avondale Argente with a Reich fitted, and he too uses a Bulldog Titan without any problems.

There is a knack to fitting it first time round, but you will get used to it!

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Other Clive, We have a Senator with 14ins alloys and a Reich mover. I use a Bulldog Titan on one side and a Bulldog Euroclamp on the other...no problems

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hello the other clive we have a power wheel mover and use a melinco wheel clamp no problems. when the off postion the rollers are bout 5inches away from the wheel happy vanning peter

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Reich mover fitted to a 2005 Ace Award with Alloys, and use a Bulldog Titan in storgae without any problems. A friend also has a 2004 Avondale Argente with a Reich fitted, and he too uses a Bulldog Titan without any problems.

There is a knack to fitting it first time round, but you will get used to it!
Hi,

thanks for the information. Is the reich in front of or behind the wheels. I have been told that if it goes behind it will need Reich brackets for my sidelift Alko jack, and the spare wheel carrier will hav eto be removed.

Cheers

Other Clive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts