caravan movers

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi all who are still at home.

Can you give me some advice on movers. were not looking for anything mega just something that will assist after we have the van on the pitch. Not to pricey either!!

Plus any idea for cost to fit it to the van.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Smiley,

The best mover is made by Power Products www.powrwheel.comused to called Powermover.Any I reckon this is the best mover going ,they will come and fit it at your home.I incidentally have a Truma mover but I reckon the Power Products one is by far superior.The thing with a mover is that it cuts out all the hard work getting your caravan into position and you can after practice almost park your caravan on a sixpence,the best few hundred quid we have ever spent.Incidently are you the Stratford-on-Avon Smiley?I worked in J.c.Smiths many moons ago.All the vry bestJimbob

May 18, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Jimbob I had a Powrmover fitted and it has been a wonderful piece of kit. Had a small problem which was rectified at home by Powrwheel in next to no time. Well impressed with them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Smiley

As you can seem most of the other replies are suggesting units that are permanently fitted to your caravan, and drive the main wheels of the caravan. These are without doubt the most capable units, as they can help to position the caravan on most sites and storage compounds, copping with slopes and uneven ground. The two down sides are the cost and the reductions of caravan payload.

If you are looking to only position your caravan at home, on hard level ground, then there are other movers. These typically fit to the hitch or the front A frame, and have their own battery. They are fine on level hard ground, but they can easily loose grip on slopes or on soft or gravely ground.

I have to say that you can usually find examples of the A frame movers in secondhand adverts - the reason is that many owners decide that the mover is not as universally capable or safe and are often upgrading to a main wheel drive system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts