Caravan Movers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 2004 Swift Challenger that we park in our drive.We have a lowered kerb that the mover would have to climb.The depth is 27cms from road to path,and then its a gentle slope.Can these movers push a 1400kgs caravan straight over a climb like this? Anyone got any ideas or recommendations.?

Cheers ,

Gerry L

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a similar sized caravan with what sounds like a similar journey to make, down our drive.Turning off a very narrow raod into our drive we have to negotiate a dropped kerb (still with a step up of 25mm) then up a fairly steep pavement , over a hump then down a sloping drive. All this is accomplished effortlessly with our carver mover, the best investment we have ever made. Incidently , I would only add one thing,, that is to fit a pneumatic jockey wheel as the stresses a mover places on the front end especially up a slight step ie lowered kerb, does the jockey wheel no favours. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
as darren says, unless you get a run at it the mover may not climb a 25mm step, i found that trying to drive one wheel only onto a flag stone to level the van on the drive resulted in the van slewing to one side, i made a gentle slope to the flag and now it climbs onto the flag no problem, i wouldn't be without a mover now, worth every penny. i have the reich

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From experience the Carver mover is designed to cope with a slope of 1:4. (25%) which is roughly equivalent to 4" kerb. But it best to some sort of ramp to relieve the load especially when aproaching at an angle where one wheel will mount before the other

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have the same situation at home where the lowered drive kerb meets the road, it's a step of around 40mm. I have overcome this by laying two tapered strips of wood to form a ramp, one is placed under each wheel at the kerb, each is around 50cm long and can be stored in the font locker as they have virtually no weight. All I can say is that this works well for me in my situation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Like the lads already I too have the same problem but I cheat. I tow the van up on the kerb leaving one wheel on the road. I then engage my POWERTOUCH heavy duty mover and I either lean or pull the road side handle to aid the van mount the path. In this way you avoid the wedge idea (which is very good by the way). The tyre is in effect mounting the path by degrees as opposed to at right angles. Please check out the POWERTOUCH as it is the best for the money out there at present. I live in Dublin and I have no association with this company other than being a very happy customer. Best of LUCK!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have just bought a new rialto 535-5 ex display from a local dealer .it was purchased so we could bed down our three offspring in the end bedroom and shut the door,however in the centre rear under the middle bunk there is evidence of there being some kind of hinged door.The dealer assures me it will be replaced as soon as he can find out what was originaly fitted can any body help,as a phone call to avondale resulted in a roof lacker door ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts