caravan movers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I intend to buy a caravan mover for next year, but which one. Is anyone aware of any comparison tests by any of the caravan magazines - are there any advantages of one over the others? Any help would be appreciated

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Powertouch consistently comes out best based on what I have read in this forum, mainly because of the excellent manufacturer's back-up. I have a Carver and manufacturer back-up is non-existent.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Power Touch fitted to my Bailey. Can really recommend it. It was fitted at my home by the engineer in a couple of hours. The firm is great to deal with and are very customer orientated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Eric

In 45 years caravanning I initally heaved and pushed my 'van. As Age and/or sense took over I tried a hand driven jockey wheel, a battery driven jockey wheel, a tow-ball mini tractor and finished up with a chassis mounted mover. I settled on Powrtouch as it has a 'soft start' which facilitates tiny movements, close to car or a wall these little adjustments can be vary useful if done slowly, Powrtouch are the only ones doing this and also they really honour their 5-year guarantee.

Enjoy, Peter T

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter T is exactly right ! Of a similar experience I too have settled for Powrtouch. Due to some confusion on weights and wheel sizes they initially supplied the wrong one, but put this right within two days of my query. Easy DIY if you are halfway handy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we had a power touch fitted a year ago and have had no regrets. the points that made us opt for the power touch were as follows.

(i)They do a heavy duty mover for larger vans.

(ii)British built in Lymington.

(iii)Fitted at home

(iv)5 year no quibble guarantee.

After having had it for a year we are well pleased and would recommend the power touch to anyone contemplating getting a mover. They have fitters all over the UK so even if you are holiday in the UK and have a problem they can usually get someone to fix the fault within a few days.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to say how much I (and I am sure all contributors) appreciate the efforts of the moderator - updates on 25 and 26 Decemebr no less - for this forum.

I have "met" some fun folk and got some very useful advice over the past year and hope 2005 will be as good. Please don't let any sense of false modesty prevent you putting this one for all to see.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Eric

As others have said I have only heard good reports about the Powertouch. So why did I buy a Reich!!! Well in my view it is well engineered, the motors are inboard of the chassis so are better protected. It was also a bit cheaper but not much. The reality is that which ever one you buy you will be delighted with it and think it a worthwhile investment.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would like to thank all who responded to my query on caravan movers, it was most helpful - Looks like its going to be a Powrtouch following the support they received. Once again. Thanks

We had a Reich Mover fitted to our Hymer Nova and are generally pleased with it. However, there a couple of things to be aware of. Make sure your choice of Mover is up to the Job of moving "your" Caravan. The Reich struggles with our Hymer on anything other than a slight slope and smooth hard surface. Secondly, be aware that Gravel Surfaces and Movers are not a good marriage as stones picked up in the Tyre Treads don't get along with the Mover's Drive Rollers. Nearly Wrecked Ours.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts